OT: Seeking Local Friends/Orlando

~Donna~ V.
on 10/23/07 6:14 am - Orlando, Fl
Afternoon all, I am looking to expand my scope of friends. I am 38, will be 39 in a few weeks, very happily married with no children. As I get older I am feeling like I need more close friends. Why is it we have to get old to figure stuff out! LOL...I have a lot of interest and am just looking to meet new people for friendship. Have a great day!
Donna
carlak
on 10/23/07 10:14 am - Bradenton, FL
Hey Donna V, I have a friend my best friend in Colorado is named Donna V!!!!! Now that is a coinsidense isnt it!!!!! I to need to have some friends here too. I moved here in Augest from Colorado not knowing anyone except my family who lives down here. I am a new cosmetologist and I work for Super Cuts in Bradenton. i am about 100 miles from you but I can be your friend too.. I am a far cry from 38 or 39 but I am 52 and am young!!!!! I became you when I lost my last 30 pounds!!!!! I lost a total of 150 pounds. I am loving life right at this time. I have a lot of things I like to do like go knitting with a group, I crochet some, crosstitch, Hike, Camp, go hiking and shopping and I love to go and chill at Starbucks and people watch. I am married to CArl and we have a 25 yr old daughter who lives in Chicago. Carla Klein
image hosting site

~Donna~ V.
on 10/23/07 11:53 pm - Orlando, Fl
Hi Carla, Nice to hear from you! I know the area you are in. My husband and I got married on St. Petersburg Beach in 2004. What prompted you to leave Colorado for this heat? My husband has lived in Colorado Springs but I have never been there. He wants to take me for a visit and I would love to see it. I hear it is beautiful. How do you like it so far?  Congrats on your weight loss success. I will be 8 years out in December. I lost about 200 pounds and over the last three years have gained back 50. Even so, keeping off 150 all these years is pretty darn good and I am back on track now and working on getting off the 50 I regained. I am currently not working but I stay pretty busy.  I have no children but 2 dogs who are SOOOO spoiled. People watch is something I could do all day long. Theater of the living I call it...LOL. I love shopping and cooking.  Nice to meet you! Have a great day...
Donna
carlak
on 10/25/07 12:00 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi Donna again!!!!! I decided to leave Colorado cause of the Winters and the economy. It was getting to be like Little Chicago with to many people and a rat race and rude people!!!!! My Child is 25 and lives in chicago and loves it there. She is a cosmetologist like her mom. We went to Cosmetology school at the same time but in different places. I have 2 cats. You will have to go to Colorado it is pretty. We still have a 5th wheel RV there and will keep it there. I think Ill move it next summer to Carls Cousins property though so I wont have to pay storage. It is in Canyon City. Well we will have to have to meet someday. I love the Orlando area. Carla
image hosting site

syke32680
on 10/24/07 9:49 am - FL
Hi Donna!  I am just south of Tampa and about 2 hours from Orlando.  Just wanted to say hello! Barbara

carlak
on 10/25/07 12:02 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi Barbara, Im Carla I live down the road from you in Bradenton. I had surgery over 5 years ago. I have lost 150 pounds. Just wanted to say hello. Carla
image hosting site

syke32680
on 10/25/07 12:15 am - FL
Hi Carla!  Are you part of the Manasota Support Group?  I think that is the name....  I had surgery 11 months ago and going strong...  Fitting some emotional eating and trying to work that out.  Any pointers. Barbara

carlak
on 10/25/07 12:45 pm - Bradenton, FL
yes Barbara I have gone to the Support group for the Mansota support Group. I to have emotional eating too. I know it is hard. I just stick with my hobbies and let thiings roll off with the punches. I also dont keep things in the house that trigger the emotional eating. Carla
image hosting site

~Donna~ V.
on 10/25/07 5:35 am - Orlando, Fl
Hi Barbara, Thanks so much for responding. Hope you are having a super day!
Donna
Jo Ann
on 10/25/07 12:30 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Donna, I just saw your post so I thought I would say Hi!! I'm here in Orlando. I had a revision over to the RNY about 15 months ago and I have lost a little over 130lbs so far. I too am married to a wonderful guy, I am 37 years old and we also have no children, unless you count 5 very spoiled cats and 1 very spoiled dog!! LOL!! Any hoot... just thought I would say hello, do you go to any of the support groups here in Orlando?? If you feel like chatting I would love to hear from you!! Take care, Jo Ann

Jo Ann

Banded 7/13/05
Removed 5/31/06
Revision 5/31/06

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views