i need help finding infor post surgery for my daughter

worriedmom
on 10/15/07 1:10 pm
my daughter had surgery 2 years ago with dr. cox in ft. lauderdale florida she has done wonderful but has had some recent problems obtainignthe food she needs I don't know what she should eat and what she needs I am very worried please anyone that can help
raysbaby66
on 10/15/07 10:14 pm - lehigh acres, FL
VSG on 08/26/14
good morning  first of all she needs her vitamins  every day every day  did they go over that with her i am sure they have   and i have not had the procedure but i was going to but  i did go through all the testing  they had a problem with my mental illness bipolar which is  fine by me just glad they were more worried about me     but anyway  as much as i have read on this site  protein protein protein and water   and supplements   so good luck there are many forums on here  including ones on diet and exercise                                             good luck                                              Holly
Ceobgareycsi
on 10/16/07 8:02 am - FL
VSG on 08/14/07 with
Hey mom, my advice to you first and foremost check with her surgeon, secondly find what kind of surgery she had and post your question on that forum. All surgeries are different and they require different needs, Bu****er,vitamins, protein, calcium, B12,fiber are some of  the normal requirments. Good Luck... Brian
jcauley
on 10/16/07 8:53 pm - tarpon springs, FL

What kind of surgery did she have?  2 years ago? she should be able to eat normal food, but small portions? check out beforeandaftereating.com  Susan  has allot of helpful food ideas and products and recipies. her book helped me with "what to eat"... Otherwise she needs to see her doctor... esp if she is underweight now . They have ways of making foods called "superfoods" that pack calories into small portions.

Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

Lexa321
on 10/27/07 1:48 am - weston, FL
what do you mean obtaining the food she needs?
B Girl
on 10/27/07 1:57 am
Hey Lexa I never see you on the boards anymore.  Where ya been?  How's life?  You were so inspirational to me when I started my journey earlier this year.  I'm now post-op and down 70 pounds.  It's amazing how time flies.  Check on us a little more often, will ya?  :-) Alison
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views