help me!!!!!I need some tips

lisya121
on 10/12/07 3:29 am - MIAMI, FL
Iam on the optifast diet(it the diet that you only drink milk for two week before surgery)  Iam on the secound day Iam soooooooo hungry I feel like Iam going to eat.My mom made food and I was crying because I cant eat.Iam just wondering If I really have to do this beacause I read alot of people that do not eat 3 day before but not eat 2weeks before! its crazy I think . do you guys have any tips on want I should do.
Beatriz A.
on 10/12/07 4:39 am - Sunny Miami, FL

It's not easy but you MUST do as you doctor recommended. It's going to be worth it later on. Stay strong and you will be glad you did.  Hang in there, it will get easier. Beatriz

Beatriz
Susan G.
on 10/12/07 7:30 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I have been on opti-fast for the past 15 days.  My surgery is next Tuesday.  I just drink it from the box it is in and don't mix it with anything.  Is yours a liquid or powder?  If you feel hungry you can have 3-5 a day.  Drink more of them.  Do you feel full at all after you drink it?  Did you have your surgery already? Susan
Jan Ocala
on 10/12/07 9:14 am - Ocala, FL
When the rest of the family is eating or your mother is cooking, then remove yourself so you don't see it, smell it or think about it.  You must do what your surgeon says.  I know it's hard, but you are under his care and you must follow his rules.  Hang in there!
StaceyS
on 10/13/07 9:16 am - Coral Springs, FL
Every doctor has his/her own protocol. Can you have broths, sugar free jello or sugar free ice pops? I did the two week liquid diet as well and I found that as long as I was almost constantly eating or drinking something, I was okay.  It's rough, but worth it. Good luck to you!!

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Kristen H.
on 10/14/07 1:16 am - Orlando, FL
Your surgeon mandates two weeks, so you must do two weeks. He/she is not doing this to be a jerk or to test you. Most likely it is to do something like shrink your liver to increase your chances of doing surgery laparoscopically. Think about it - if the liver is enlarged, when the tech goes to lift it out of the way there is no where for it to go. Then the surgeon has to either abandon surgery or open you up.

Please follow your surgeon's recommendations. Day three of Optifast is when I always found it to get much easier (I, unfortunately, have a lot of experience with starting and restarting Optifast!)

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Luvitsunny
on 10/14/07 10:24 am - Sunny South, FL
I agree with Jan....when Mom is cooking and it is meal-time, remove yourself.  Try taking a walk.  You have to remind yourself of what you are trying to accomplish.....if optifast is required, and if you truly want to comply, then you can do it!   luvitsunnyv

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

jcauley
on 10/16/07 9:00 pm - tarpon springs, FL

Its about shrinking your liver so you will do better during surgery. Its very important. I did have one last meal 2 days before surgery…LOL but was good about the liquid diet before.

Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views