anyone from Tallahassee area????

bob-7
on 10/11/07 9:32 pm - Utica, NY
Hello everyone....My daughter just moved to Tallahassee and I'm going to visit in December.I have two young grandsons there.Any advice for activities while I'm there? Is there a nice zoo.ect...??.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you, Bob
abbiemarie
on 10/12/07 12:07 am - Crawfordville, FL
sandyfeets
on 10/12/07 10:01 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
There is an IMAX theater in Tally, an antique car museum, many historical sites, as Tally IS the state capital. Many of the Capital Buildings are free and open to the public.

A two hour drive from Tally is the Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, FL

I've pasted a URL below for the Vistor's website

http://www.visittallahassee.com/visitor_information/

Vickie J
on 10/12/07 3:21 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Bob, The FL Museum of Natural History (formerly called the Jr. Museum) has animals in natural habitats & a working "old" farm as well as static exhibits.  I haven't been in years but it is a lovely location to just visit and walk around.  Also nearby is Wakulla Springs State Park.  Some of the Johnny Weismullier Tarzan movies & Creature from the Black Lagoon were filmed there and the nature boat tour & glass bottom boat tour are great! Check out the Visitors Center in Tallahasse - there are lots of things to see & do.  Downtown has the Mary Brogan Museum & IMAX theatres.  I hope you'll enjoy your visit to our state capital. Vickie J.

Vickie J. 
"Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment."

bob-7
on 10/12/07 5:55 pm - Utica, NY

Thanks for the info...I'm looking foward to my visit.The kids bought a new house so I think my daughter will have me doing some type of renovation while I'm there !! Thanks again, Bob

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views