Denied by UHC. Any ideas?

bafl99
on 10/11/07 2:53 am
Hello, I was just informed yesterday that I was denied Lapband by UHC.  I have a bmi just over 35 and have high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, back pain, asthma,  etc.  They told me that I do not have enough co-morbidities as they only approve BMI of 35 with Co-morbidities.  Anybody have any experience with this?   Thanks!   Barb in FL.
Kristen H.
on 10/11/07 6:31 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Barb,

May I assume that you have a benefit for surgery? If so, my guess is that your letter of medical necessity and/or five years of supporting medical records were weak. You may want to speak with Kelley Lindstrom at obesitylaw.com. She won my appeal three years ago.

Hth.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
bafl99
on 10/12/07 12:44 am
Thanks to you both.  I am getting ready for the appeal.  I am in contact with obesitylaw.com.   I appreciate your help. I will let you know how it goes, Barbara from Florida
Redhaired
on 10/11/07 8:51 pm - Mouseville, FL
First you need to determine that your surgeon documented your co-morbidities in the original request and if they did to what extent.  You may need some supporting documentation from the other physicians that are treating you for these conditions.

Luvitsunny
on 10/14/07 10:26 am - Sunny South, FL
...............everyone has offered great suggestions.  Mine is......don't give up!  luvitsunnyv

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views