Anyone Have United Health Care Ins.?

MizCathy
on 10/10/07 11:08 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Hey, I am thinking about changing my health insurance from Capital Health Plan to United Health Care. I was wondering if there was anyone here who has UHC and if is it good insurance.  In the future when I am thinking about plastics, will the be paying for it or giving me grief like CHP?  If anyone knows, please help me.  Thanks.

Cathy
Jo Ann
on 10/11/07 12:43 am - Orlando, FL
I have United Health Care, have had them for over 7 years now and I LOVE them! I've had 12 surgeries and never a dime out of my pocket for anything!! I have nothing but good to say about them. I'm in the process now of looking for a PS to get my skin removed, I don't think they'll give me a problem with a Lower/thigh lift and a TT.  Jo Ann

Jo Ann

Banded 7/13/05
Removed 5/31/06
Revision 5/31/06

MizCathy
on 10/11/07 1:14 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hey Jo Ann, I just got off the phone with UHC and was told that even my follow ups the my surgeon would not be covered.  I didn't even get into the plastic surgery part of it, so I am still not sure if this is a good move to make.  I have until the 26th of this month to decide.  Thanks for all your help.

Cathy
Jo Ann
on 10/11/07 1:41 am - Orlando, FL
You're welcome. Sorry you're having trouble with them. I guess it all depends on what your employer pays for. My husband has excellent insurance. They pay for ever little thing never questions asked. My husband was even approved for lap band surgery without having to do any pre testing, get any refferal from the primary doctor, no consultations, nothing, that he needed WLS. It was submitted and he was approved within 24 hours. I don't know if you are going through your employer or buying coverage yourself, but I guess maybe that makes a difference.    Sorry I couldn't of been better help!! Jo Ann

Jo Ann

Banded 7/13/05
Removed 5/31/06
Revision 5/31/06

bafl99
on 10/11/07 2:49 am
I have UHC and was just told that they denied my Lap Band surgery.  I have BMI of 35 and High Blood pressure but they said that I did not have enough co-morbidities.   I have had the high blood pressure for years and the bmi for years.  I have the coverage through my employer HP.  I thought I had a good plan as they have covered everything else I needed.  Now I am not so sure.  Any ideas on how to proceed from here? Thanks! Barb in Florida
nmydream
on 10/11/07 3:02 am - Orlando, FL
I had UHC and they would not cover my RNY surgery.  I was told it depends on the plan you have and mine did not cover...of course.  Luckily I have ChampVA Tri-Care that did cover it. Other than that UHC was always good to me but if your looking to have WLS they will not help with it.

JTR
on 11/15/07 3:13 am - FL
Me, too. Denied by UHC and covered by Tricare.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views