Jax Support Group-

sanbals
on 10/8/07 11:10 am
Lap Band on 09/21/07 with
Does anyone belong to a Jax support group and how can I get in contact to attend any meetings
sandyfeets
on 10/8/07 12:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Dr Webb has his own support group---they meet @ Memorial Hospital. You can call the Laproscopic Weight Loss Surgery Center @ 904-367-4443
Memorial Hospital has ANOTHER support group. You can call Rhonda Rapp @ the hospital for more info. 904-399-6360

abandster
on 10/12/07 11:01 am
Sandy, just thought I'd let you know that Rhonda cancelled the support group meetings at Memorial.  I talked to her at the Walk for Obesity and said they had to cancel.   But Jarrad at LWLSC can, indeed, tell you all about Dr. Webb's support group meeting.   La Wanda Support Group Leader Jacksonville, FL

Jennifer B.
on 10/8/07 9:14 pm - FL

The WLSSG of Jax is very good. I haven't actually been to any meetings but I chat with the leader via email frequently.   You can reach her at [email protected] The meetings are every other Saturday and there are occasionally dinners at other times and they meet off Merrill Rd. in Arlington.

Any transition serious enough to alter your definition of self will require not just small adjustments in your way of living and thinking but a full-on metamorphosis.
Martha Beck, O Magazine, Growing Wings, January 2004

Re-commiting to the bandster life!
abandster
on 10/12/07 11:07 am
Thank you so much, Jennifer, I appreciate you're replying to this post and talking about our meeting.  I sent the original author an invitation to join our mailing list and hope to hear from them soon. And I'm hoping that one day you'll show up and surprise me at a meeting real soon.  But there's always email and I love hearing from you. Hope you're doing well.  Check in when you can.  I look forward to it. La Wanda

abandster
on 10/12/07 11:05 am
I am the support group leader Jennifer mentioned here in Jackosnville, FL.   We meet on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month and do, indeed, have special luncheons when there's a 5th Saturday in a month....which happens 4 times a year. My group email is [email protected], as Jennifer said.  If you'd like to be a part of our email list, please let me know.  We'd love to have you. And if you can make a meeting, they are from 10 to 2 and people come and go as they like, bringing breakfast, lunch and snacks.  If you want to talk to me one-on-one, I can meet you at 9:30.  And I stay until the last person leaves.  I've been there as late at 5 pm but I didn't mind it that a bit. So, please, let me hear from you.  I'd love for you to come and be a part of our group. La Wanda

katiebelle
on 11/16/07 10:06 am - jacksonville, FL
 So, does that mean there is a meeting tomorrow? I am a newbie here & just received my referral from my new PCP. I wanna comeeeeeeeee to the meeting!   Can I, pleaseeeeeeee
abandster
on 11/17/07 7:59 am
Ah, yes, there WAS a meeting today.  Sorry I didn't get this post in time to reply to you. If you'd like to be on the email list, please email me at [email protected] and I'll add you so you won't miss the next meeting announcement. In the meanwhile, mark your calendar for December 1st.  We start at 10 AM and go til 2 PM and you can come and go any time during that time.  Very relaxed atmosphere and we'd love to have you. Hope to talk to you soon.  I'm here if you need me. La Wanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views