LOOKING FOR A GASTRIC BIPASS SURGEON IN FLORIDA

bjbillcheck
on 10/7/07 1:30 am - Haines City, FL

Hi I am new to the forum site.  I have been told by 4 doctors, Primary care, orthopedic, Gastro and Heart that I need to get the surgery done.  I am 5' 2 and weight is 360.  I have Staywell and Medicaid.  I have been hitting brick walls everywhere I turn.  Staywell says it will pay but I have to find a surgeon who will take Staywell and Medicaid.  I live in Haines City, Florida.....In between Tampa and Orlando.  Thanks for any possible help.  here or email me at [email protected]

Claire G.
on 10/7/07 4:51 am - FL
Hi there- There is a Center of Excellence practice at Tampa General Hospital: http://www.zbmi.com/ The prmary surgeon is Dr. Murr.... I hope they can help you!

Claire

Stacie S.
on 10/7/07 9:49 am - Spring Hill, FL
I was also going to suggest Dr. Murr and Tampa General as a possible for the RNY.  Dr. Murr didn't do my original DS surgery, but he has been helping me with my follow up stuff, and he is very nice and so are all of the doctors that work with him.  I especially love Lucie, his nurse practitioner. 

If you were interested in getting the DS, I just heard that Dr. Gagner is going to be moving to Miami after the first of the year.  I don't know what insurances either of them takes/will take.  Good luck!
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Cruisinpat
on 10/7/07 10:17 am
Dr. Overcash is in Ocala. I don't know what insurances he takes but you can always call the office and ask. Good luck on your journey.........................Pat
Kristen H.
on 10/7/07 11:14 am - Orlando, FL
US Bariatric Orlando (Dr. Keith Kim, 407.303.4504) has a letter of agreement with UHC Medicaid if you were looking to switch (and I only advocate switching if it advantageous for your *total* healthcare.)

I do not know of any bariatric surgeon's who accept Staywell and/or Medicaid since the reimbursement rate is so low.

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
JACKIESMOM
on 10/7/07 10:41 pm - FL
I KNOW IN ORLANDO THIS IS A FROUP XCALLED US BARIATRIC. THE WEBSITE IS USBARIATRIC.COM. THEY R SUPPOSE TO BE VERY GOOD AND HE HAS A PARTNER DOWN HERE THAT MY FRIEND JUST USED AND SAID HE WAS EXCELLENT. GOOD LUCK!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views