I always feel sick

nmydream
on 10/4/07 9:35 pm, edited 10/5/07 11:51 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi all I am Debbie, I had RNY 7 weeks ago.  I feel nausious almost all the time, this is makeing me more depressed than I feel already.  I feel I have taken this big step and given up so much to improve my health and self esteem yet I feel so sick all the time.  I don't eat wrong, I am going by my diet given to me but I am having trouble even eating that...which makes me feel weak.  I feel I have done great on the weight loss side for 7 weeks I have lost 37 lbs but it's not worth it since I feel so bad.  Anyone have this and any suggestions? The Nausea happens all the time, clear water to normal diet....what's wrong with me!!!! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQBBqhL/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wQBBqhL/weight.png[/img] [/url]
Beatriz A.
on 10/5/07 1:04 am - Sunny Miami, FL
All I can tell you is to please go see your Doc, he will be able to tell you waht's wrong with you.
Beatriz
Jan Ocala
on 10/5/07 6:02 am - Ocala, FL
My surgeon gives his patients a script for an anti-nausea med and some patients need it and some do not.  I think that most of the time, the new pouch and the old stomach need to heal and the nausea resolves itself, but I also think you need to be sure your surgeon knows what is going on with you.
tinkerbell64
on 10/5/07 7:00 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Debbie, I agree with Jan on this one.  I had pretty bad nausea for the first 2-3 months and had to take reglan around the clock.  I would periodically try to stop it but then would get nauseous again and have to go back on it.  While I was taking it, it did help alot.  I was off of it totally by 3 months post op.  My surgeon told me it was partially due to the rapid weight loss.  The nausea was the worst part of the whole journey other than when I had my kidney stones at 3 months out.  So I guess what I am saying is call your doctor and have them give you something to help with the nausea, it helped me a lot. Best of Luck and hope you feel better soon.

glitter_maker_11_16_2007_12_14_42_9.gif picture by montanamvp3 

sandyfeets
on 10/5/07 9:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Sounds like you are in the "deep ketosis" state. Severe nausea was what I had about 6 weeks out. I was dizzy and nauseous all the time. My surgeon gave me a script for Reglan and it REALLY made a difference. I took it for about 6 months. Some take it less, others take it for a longer term.
Call your doctor and discuss your options with him/her.

Kristen H.
on 10/5/07 10:48 pm - Orlando, FL
Anti-nausea meds are the ticket. What might be happening is that with your nausea, you are becoming dehydrated...which brings on more nausea. My husband was nauseous after surgery, and it just took two doses one way to break the cycle.

Have you seen your doc within the last seven weeks? Did you mention it at any of those visits?

Have you vomited?
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
nmydream
on 10/5/07 11:18 pm, edited 10/8/07 5:14 am - Orlando, FL
Thank you all for the replies, I have called my Surgeon and am due to see him on Tuesday.  I have realized this really started after the first script ran out for the Reglan you get when you leave the hospital post op.  I believe this might be my issue.  I have purchased over the counter anti-nausea meds that does not seem to help so I will just tough it through to Tuesday.  I am hopeing this is the issue as I am getting very weak and really depressed over this feeling.  I have only vomited twice post op but I know why that happened both times.  I hate to vomit therefore I fight it....hard. I have only seen the Doctor twice post op and both times I was still on the Reglan and not having this issue.  I thank you all, there is so much going on post op that you don't realized that sometimes the cause may be right in front of your nose but you just could not see it.  I will keep you informed. PS on the good side I am 7 weeks post op, RNY and have lost 39lbs.  I can't wait to begin to really see it.

jcauley
on 10/10/07 11:08 pm - tarpon springs, FL

Hi

Well I threw up for about the first 9 months on a regular basis… and still will if I go near a protein shake. Try and find things you like to eat, but most of all stay hydrated….BTW it is worth it.... I felt just like you do...NOW!!!! I'm so glad!!!!since I started at 283 and size 24/28 and now am 134 and size 6

Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

LizB
on 10/14/07 10:06 am - FL
You are only 7 weeks out. I would call your surgeon and let him know. He might give you something for it. You really should let him know. Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views