has anyone heard?

jbbrown46
on 10/3/07 8:50 am
Hello there, My husband had lapband done approx. 4 years ago. His "stomach"pouch has stretched a bit and he has gained back some of his weight.  The other night on t.v. I saw a show that was very interesting but was not able to get any info. Apparently, there is a surgery that can be done "out patient" where instruments are passed down from the mouth to the "stomach "area. There are tiny tucks taken to make the "stomach "smaller again and the patient is able to go home in about two hours. Does anyone know anything about this? We live in Tarpon Springs Florida and would like to find someone within a reasonable distance. Any help would surely be appreciated. Thanks so very much. Judie
abbiemarie
on 10/3/07 10:16 am - Crawfordville, FL
Judie,  I think you may be referring to the Stomaphyx procedure (see below in red).  I believe that I read recently that Dr. Jawad, who is in Central Florida, performs this procedure.  You should be able to find more info on Dr. Jawad under Other Resources to the left on this page. Hope this is helpful.  Good luck, Abbie

StomaphyX

This revolutionary procedure is now available for individuals who have had previous gastric bypass surgery and who are regaining weight. It’s also available for those who want an alternative to invasive weight loss surgery. This procedure involves no incisions and no recovery and involves placing an endoscope through the mouth into the stomach pouch. The connection between the stomach pouch and small intestines is then sutured resulting in slower emptying of the stomach and earlier satiety and more weight loss. The procedure also shrinks the stomach pouch and makes it small, similar to the outcome of the original gastric bypass procedure.

Abbie    290/224.8/150

"There's always an alternative and sometimes you have to give up to get."  Neil Monroe

Ruth S.
on 10/3/07 11:11 am - Orlando, FL
Hi there..the poster above is correct about the procedure. It is called the stomaphyx however it is for someone who has had RNY/DS surgeries only (at this time).  The procedure is performed by Dr. Wm. Todd Overcash not Dr. Jawad though Dr. Jawad has an alternative procedure - not sure if it can be done on a lapband person though. Dr. Overcash's office # is 352-368-2828 if you would like further information. He is the only surgeon in Florida at this time though more doctors are learning and getting approval for the procedure.
Michael Eak
on 10/3/07 12:08 pm - Largo, FL
FYI - The Surgeon's of Journey Lite, Inc. in the New Tampa area of Tampa Bay will shortly be performing the Stomaphyx also shortly after the New Facility is openned. In perticular Dr.Grossbard.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
jbbrown46
on 10/3/07 3:51 pm
Thank you all for your quick replies!! By the way, my mistake!! It was gastric bypass, not lapband. We will definately make some calls tomorrow. Thanks again for the info. judie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views