How did the Walk from Obesity in Tampa go this past Saturday?

Marianne C.
on 10/2/07 6:23 am, edited 10/2/07 6:24 am - Hudson, FL
Just wondering how the WFO in Tampa went this past Saturday? I registered and got a bunch of donations but could not find anywhere on the internet a mall called The Mall of Sheldon so was unable to get directions to get down there. Just wondering if we could hear from someone who was there as to how it went. There was a get together afterwards planned as well is that correct?  BTW..... where IS the Mall of Sheldon? Anyone have an address?

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Michael Eak
on 10/2/07 7:00 am - Largo, FL
The WFO Totals have not been posted yet. Marianne, where did you get a name such as Mall of Sheldon? When you registered it told you the Malls name - "Westfield Citrus Park Towne Centre" as it did on my OH Postings leading up to the Walk. At which I also posted their address & a link to a Yahoo Map. The front of the mall faces Citrus Park Drive. The roads on the other sides of the mall are Gunn Hwy. & Sheldon Road. You just had to follow the directions I sent you. And look for the road signs as you approached the mall. It's just pass Sickle High School. The turn out was Minimal compared to the past two years. But attended by many Bariatric Centers and their Surgeon's. But not many other vendors or Plastic Surgeon's. But they had a Health Fair till 2 PM. Also many hand-outs and Door prizes for the Walkers. The Post Get Together fizzled out as no one commited to getting together. Just as many said they'd come to the Walk but didn't show up or even join their own's Surgeon's Walking Teams. One Surgeon, Dr.Ferandez now of the Brandon Hospital did supply his Team's walker their own special shirts to show Unity of about 20 Walking patients.
Marianne C.
on 10/2/07 7:21 am, edited 10/2/07 7:21 am - Hudson, FL

Hi Mike.  I emailed you just before the walk since I lost the email with the link to the directions and your email said it was The Mall of Sheldon. I'll forward that email to you so you can see. I'm sorry the turnout was minimal.

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views