I am in desperate need of a plastic surgeon

Lorie35
on 10/1/07 2:34 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I had my bypass done 7-24-02. I had alot of complications. I am not going into those becasue there isn't any reason to scare everyone.  The outcome was, I wasn't able to exercise for over 6 months after surgery even then it was tiny steps and sit.  Well I lost from 386 down to 183 and I can not get any smaller.  I have rolls of skin every where. I do everything possible to prevent chafing however it's impossible and I get major rashes.  When I had the surgery I had insurance to cover the skin removal but, l because the surgery had major complications I no longer could work so I am stuck with my fat rolls and no insurance to cover it..  I have Medicare insurance and I have been told that if I get  in contact with the right person it will get done.  I just do not know how to do it myself.  Please if anyone knows what I can do in this delima I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to donate my skinto burn victims and I dont even care if its uneven I just want to look 38 instead of 78  any advice would help?  Thank you, Lorie [email protected]
Michael Eak
on 10/1/07 10:00 pm - Largo, FL
Contact the OAC - http://www.obesityaction.org/home/index.php They'll be able to put you on the right track to get the help you seek.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Jan Ocala
on 10/2/07 4:32 am - Ocala, FL
I'm so sorry to hear you had so many complications that resulted in the loss of your job and health insurance.  Unfortunately, you cannot donate your skin as burn victims don't want our stretched out stuff!  I am not aware of many that take insurance for plastic surgery because it's so difficult to get approved and Medicare does not do pre-approval, so that makes it even more tough. I wish you the best of luck, though, because it sounds like you need it.  I hope you have good documentation of all your rashes and the doctor's visits to treat the rashes.
Kristen H.
on 10/2/07 9:30 am - Orlando, FL
Yep, we *were* separated at birth. Same response.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Jen D.
on 10/2/07 1:41 pm - Central, FL
There are many excellent plastic and reconstructive surgeons in Florida who are Medicare providers.  I suggest you call your local hospital and see if you can get some names of reconstructive surgeons (as opposed to boutique-style cosmetic surgeons--many of whom do not take insurance of any kind.)  Give a call and ask if they accept Medicare patients.  Once you find a doc, and have a consult, the doc's office can communicate with Medicare (typically a letter of medical necessity is sent) to determine your eligibility for benefits.  

Jen D.

PreVSG/PostVSG:  263/193

Restart/Current/Goal:  235/228/160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr