Dr. Kim Lapband Patients

elilicious
on 9/29/07 7:53 am - Casselberry, FL
Hello.  Hope everyone is well.  I have a question, of course. I was cleaning my wounds today and noticed how good they look.  I applied Mederma and I really hope it works.  As I was cleaning though I noticed that there is a piece of string sticking out of one of them.  Maybe I was mistaken but I thought only skin glue was used on me.  It really freaked me out that there is thread is sticking out.  Anyone else have this happen to them??  I am going to call them Monday and see if I need to worry about it.  More than anything I am just grossed out by it. 

sds1arm2
on 9/29/07 11:13 pm - Orlando, FL
Eli, They most likely used sutures internally and the skin glue externally. My biggest incision had this tiny piece of suture sticking out, but after a few weeks it was gone. I would not worry at all...it should dissolve. I am also using Mederma for my incisions.
Ali

Kristen H.
on 9/30/07 12:55 am - Orlando, FL
If it is like my augmentation incision, it is an internal, dissolving suture and I had glue over it as well. Ask Sharon if you can trim what is sticking out.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
elilicious
on 9/30/07 4:38 am - Casselberry, FL
Thanks guys.  I will call tomorrow, but like I said more than anything it is just grossing me out.  I did try pulling at it with some tweezers but no budge!
Kristen H.
on 9/30/07 9:30 am - Orlando, FL
Yikes!! Don't pull!!!
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views