Who did your psych eval?

megameggs
on 9/25/07 8:55 pm - FL
Wow, Stacie, good info! Those are some strange questions... I'll have to tell the green men in my refrigerator to shut up for a few days.
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

Mary S.
on 9/24/07 12:23 pm - Central Florida, FL
Hi Meg - if you are in Orlando- I went with Dr. Richard Marcil.  He was great. I believe he was one of the docs recommended by Dr. J - though obviously not required.
megameggs
on 9/24/07 11:02 pm - FL
I'm glad you posted. I had called Dr. Marcil because he was listed in Dr. Jawad's information packet, but I felt kind of weird going to someone I haven't heard anything about. I called him yesterday and we're playing phone tag, but I hope to get an appointment with him scheduled soon. Thanks!

Ronni N.
on 9/24/07 12:50 pm - Orlando, FL
I saw Dr. Kerry Fergerson.  She is awesome and also understands since she too had the RNY.
sds1arm2
on 9/24/07 11:26 pm - Orlando, FL
I am a Dr. Jawad patient and I used Richard Marcil, PhD. He is in Orlando as am I.
Ali

Marianne C.
on 9/25/07 11:34 pm - Hudson, FL
I saw Dr. James R. Boone in Palm Harbor. I liked he and his staff very much. They were very cooperative and helpful.  He has done many other WLS psych evals as well.  His phone number is 727-944-4600.

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

megameggs
on 9/25/07 11:41 pm - FL
Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/07 10:37 pm
I don't know where you live, but Rebecca Yochem, ARNP did mine.  She's located in St. Augustine.  She is my regular psych provider (I am bipolar), but she does psych evals for WLS all the time.  No MMPI, and she's wonderful.
Kristen H.
on 9/27/07 9:58 am - Orlando, FL
I used Dr. Kerry Ferguson, and I now work closely with her through US Bariatric Orlando. She actually uses three personality inventories (one exclusively pertaining to food issues) and also includes a counseling session. The written reports she gives patients is thorough and enlightening. The entire process takes approximately three hours.

Dr. Ferguson can be reached at 352-536-9737.

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views