Who did your psych eval?

megameggs
on 9/24/07 6:56 am, edited 9/25/07 11:42 pm - FL
I'm finally within my last 30 days of the 6-month supervised diet, and I'm also scheduling all of my pre-op testing for this month. Just curious... who did you all use for your psychiatric evaluation? Dr. Jawad's program allows me to go anywhere I choose, so I'm trying to find someone with bariatric experience. Thanks! **Update 9/26/07: I have an appointment with Dr. Marcil in Orlando next Monday. Thank you all for your help!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

Jen D.
on 9/24/07 8:18 am - Central, FL
I am a Dr. Kim patient and he uses Dr. Kerry Brock-Ferguson exclusively.  She's fantastic and an RNY patient herself.  She works out of Celebration Health, but also has another office north of Orlando.   I also have heard that Dr. Richard Marcil in Orlando does psych evals for WLS.  I've been to him for other issues before, and he's very compassionate and sympathetic.   Good luck!

Jen D.

PreVSG/PostVSG:  263/193

Restart/Current/Goal:  235/228/160

Ronni N.
on 9/24/07 12:52 pm - Orlando, FL
On September 24, 2007 at 3:18 PM Pacific Time, Jen D. wrote:
I am a Dr. Kim patient and he uses Dr. Kerry Brock-Ferguson exclusively.  She's fantastic and an RNY patient herself.  She works out of Celebration Health, but also has another office north of Orlando.   I also have heard that Dr. Richard Marcil in Orlando does psych evals for WLS.  I've been to him for other issues before, and he's very compassionate and sympathetic.   Good luck!
I got to say Dr.Ferguson is down to earth, very caring and understanding because like Jen said she too is an RNY patient.  I think she is 4 years post op.  Her office staff is wonderful as well!
megameggs
on 9/24/07 10:57 pm, edited 9/24/07 10:57 pm - FL
Thanks, Jen & Ronni! I'll check to see if Dr. Brock-Ferguson is covered through my insurance.

Sandy W.
on 9/24/07 9:24 am - Spring Hill, FL
Meg, In the booklet that you received you should have some chooses.  I used I think his name was Greengrass in Tampa.  He was good and I had a long session with him.   Good luck Sandy
megameggs
on 9/24/07 10:59 pm - FL
Thanks, Sandy! There were a few names in the booklet, but I wanted to check around and see what other people had done. I've called two of the names listed, just waiting to hear back on appointment availability. Thanks for your help!

Stacie S.
on 9/24/07 11:38 am - Spring Hill, FL
I went to Scot Machlus in Hudson.   I scheduled a regular session with him and we had a long talk.  He asked me a bunch of questions.  Then I came back another day and took a long true/false test.  It was pretty painless.  Good luck!
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

megameggs
on 9/24/07 11:00 pm - FL
That true/false test must be the MMPI I keep hearing about. Not looking forward to it.

sds1arm2
on 9/24/07 11:27 pm - Orlando, FL
It is the MMPI. I was 300-something questions long. they asked such weird questions on it too.
Ali

Stacie S.
on 9/25/07 11:49 am - Spring Hill, FL
Mine had 562 questions.  I started out wondering about the 562.  Why not just stop at 550 or go all the way up to 600 or even just 565.  The true/false statements range from "I like myself" to "The green men in my refrigerator tell me what to do."  It was all kind of weird.  I did "pass" without too much trouble.  Probably just remember that it is bad to hear voices and listen to them.  ;)  So if you do hear voices and listen to them, say you don't.  hehehe.  Oh, and I had one question that really stumped me.  It said, "I don't like everybody."  I felt like this could be taken two ways.  The first way was of everybody, there is no one that I like, so that would be false.  The second way was of everybody, there are some that I don't like, so that would be true.  I'm still not sure what the "right" answer might be.  I'm sure you'll do fine!
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views