Card

elilicious
on 9/23/07 2:34 am - Casselberry, FL
Just curious, was I supposed to get a card to carry with my that states I have a band in me?  I know that most people that have objects in their body have to.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Ruth S.
on 9/23/07 9:57 am - Orlando, FL
The restaurant card you are referring to is typically for a RNY/DS(?) patient as we can not eat a full meal and can get a kids' meal discount if we show the card. Ask the surgeon's office if they carry one for lapbanders but I think that when you haven't had a fill you will be able to eat normally. I know my friend had the lapband and could eat regular meals when she didn't get her fills.
elilicious
on 9/23/07 10:54 am - Casselberry, FL
Thank you but I am actually talking about a surgical card that has the id # of the band that was installed inside of me.

Ruth S.
on 9/23/07 10:58 am - Orlando, FL
Well ya learn something new everyday!!!!  I didn't know they issued such a card!
elilicious
on 9/23/07 11:01 am - Casselberry, FL
I mean I know of such cards for patients who have like titanium rods in their backs or screws in their body.  I just assumed there would be one for tha lapband.  I could be wrong.

Ruth S.
on 9/23/07 11:06 am - Orlando, FL
I could see why they would have or need something as they would be setting off security alarms..but I think you'd be okay since the band is made of plastic I don't think you'd be setting off any alarms. LOL..My friend was not given this card either.
Kristen H.
on 9/23/07 11:55 am - Orlando, FL
Your right - the LAP-BAND and Swedish bands are made of silicone and Titanium - nothing to set off alarms or conflict with MRIs.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Kristen H.
on 9/23/07 11:54 am - Orlando, FL
I have a card for my implants, but then again, I am in a 10-year study because they are the cohesive gels.

Your band does have a serial number. It's on a little green sticker from the packaging that goes on your op report and then transferred to your permanent record. If you call the office, the nursing staff can pull it up for you.

HTH.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Cruisinpat
on 9/24/07 6:57 am
I have a card for my stent that I had implanted 10 years ago. I carry it in my wallet. Don't know that I'll ever need it but my cardiologist told me to carry it, so I do......................................Pat
elilicious
on 9/24/07 8:18 am - Casselberry, FL

I know from Dr. Kim that I will not set off alarms but I would like something that I can refer to incase there is like a recall on this thing or not.  I will call their office when he gets back into town.  Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views