Susan G.
on 9/21/07 6:28 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Hi All: Just wanted to introduce myself being I'm new and having my surgery on Oct. 9, with Dr. Gordon at Morton Plant Hosp.  I live in Tarpon Springs, in Pinellas County.  Anyone from here or near here? I'm have the Gastric Bypass and can't wait.  This weekend I'm starting on my all liquid Diet and a little nerves about it because I'm Diabetic.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Susan
Anna B.
on 9/22/07 12:55 am - The Nicest Little Town in, FL
Welcome and congrats on your date!  I'm no where near Tarpon Springs, but I just wanted to say HI.  The liquid diet isn't fun but it temporary!  How long do you have to be on it?
         oh_c_cardLs1.gif picture by annab75       Fireworks 

Susan G.
on 9/22/07 5:19 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Hi Anna: Thanks for the reply.  I'm starting the liquid diet now for 2 weeks before surgery.  Then I'll be on it for 3 weeks after surgery.  I found some ways to inprove the taste, although it's isn't that bad.  I'm using extacts, like Rum and Coconut.  A few drops in it and it tastes great. I also found some that are like pudding at GNC.  You put half the liquid mixed with the powder so it's thicker.  Got those in Banana Cream, and Banana Nut Bread taste.  Haven't tried them yet but they sound yummie. I'll keep  you posted on them.
shoegirl1023
on 9/22/07 10:47 pm - Solon, OH
Hi Susan, I wish you so much luck on your upcoming surgery. I totally understand how you feel right now with the liquid diet and nerves, but I promise you it will be worth it in the end. I felt the same way, but 21 months and 110lbs later, (went from 230 to 120) it was all worth the effort. It's good that you joined this website, it really is a wonderful and helpful place to be when your happy, sad, struggling or just want to read messages and help others. Please keep in touch with me if you can. Email me through my profile. Again, lots of luck Hugs

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Susan G.
on 9/23/07 6:00 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks Joanne for your encouragement.  I know it will be worth it.  I have been  to some meetings and the results are unbelieveable.  I'll keep you posted. Susan
shoegirl1023
on 9/23/07 6:09 am - Solon, OH
You are very welcome. Again, good luck and look forward to hearing back from u when its over. Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Marianne C.
on 9/23/07 8:04 am - Hudson, FL

Hey Susan and Welcome!!!   WhOOOO HOOOO!  You are almost a loser! I am about a half hour drive North of you in Pasco County. My surgeon is Dr. Gordon's partner, Dr. Gonzalvo. Had my surgery only 5 1/2 weeks ago and feel great! I felt great right away too. They are terrific doctors so you are in EXCELLENT hands. I also had my surgery at Morton Plant too and everyone was wonderful. You are on your way girlfriend!  Hang on for the ride of your LIFE!!!  

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Susan G.
on 9/23/07 8:29 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks for your encouragement.  I started my liquid diet today and it's not so bad.  Did you have to pay for it or did your insurance cover it?  If you paid for it can you tell me how much it all came to? You can answer me privately if you prefer.  My e-mail is [email protected] Susan
Ronni N.
on 9/24/07 12:54 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Sue...I am not near where you are.  But I still wanted to welcome you.  I too was on the liquid diet and it  was hard but you got the strenght that you can do it.  Have you tried the unjury protein supplement yet? 
Susan G.
on 9/25/07 4:09 am - Boynton Beach, FL
No I haven't tried the unjury supplement.  What is it?  It isIs it a shake?  Let me know and thanks for the reply/
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views