We had our first support group meeting last night!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/07 12:38 pm - Hudson, FL

The surgery date is Oct 16th but cancelled the last one because I chickened out.  Plus my sis in law has cancer and is almost at the hospice stage and got frightened she would pass away during my 'down' time. The is the worst part of my husbands job,,always a messed up schedule and usually out of town or the country when fun stuff comes up that would give me the "ME" time I need soooooo badly...but soon soon,,and can't wait to meet ya'll...sounds like a great group of gals....Melanie

Stacie S.
on 9/22/07 7:00 am - Spring Hill, FL
Are you an RNY support group or are other types of WLS welcome also? Stacie
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Marianne C.
on 9/22/07 7:23 am - Hudson, FL
Stacie ALL types of WLS folks are welcome! The more people we have of each type of surgery the more information, experiences and support we can offer to each other. What type of surgery did you have? Are you close enough to Hudson that you can join us in October? 

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Stacie S.
on 9/22/07 12:05 pm - Spring Hill, FL
I have the DS.  I live in Spring Hill, but I actually work in Hudson.  I am going to try to make it to the meeting in October, but with three teenagers at home, it's sometimes hard to work around their schedule.  Thank you for the invite!

Stacie
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Marianne C.
on 9/22/07 12:25 pm, edited 9/22/07 12:39 pm - Hudson, FL
It would be great to have you join us and we can all learn more about DS!  I'm sure we do have MANY of the same issues too.  I know about the teenager thing and you might even try to come for a while. Don't even worry if you have to be late or leave early. We're not going to have a speaker for the October meeting I don't think. There IS a possibility that a nutritionist may come but I'm not sure yet. In any event.. come if you can for as long as you can. I'd love to meet you! BTW I just took a peek at your profile and WOW oh WOW what a difference! You look terrific Stacie! You must be THRILLED to pieces!

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views