We had our first support group meeting last night!

Marianne C.
on 9/19/07 11:26 pm, edited 9/20/07 8:05 am - Hudson, FL
We are very excited! Last night Mary J. and I had our first support group meeting held at the Hudson Town Library. The group is great and we all had a chance to share our stories, ask questions and plan for the group for the future. We  aslo started an online message board through Yahoo Groups where we can keep in touch,  share information and support during the month in between meetings. We have lots of experiences and levels of knowlege in our group and we are all going to be an asset to each other. We have absolutely NO support groups within an hour and a half drive from us so everyone is very excited. We all acknowleged how important support is and even though the online groups are terrific there is nothing like in person friends for support.   I hope that if there is anyone in the Pasco and Hernado county areas that would like to come, you will join us next month on October 17th at 7PM. We will be meeting every THIRD Wednesday of the month.

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

carlak
on 9/19/07 11:45 pm - Bradenton, FL
Marianne, How far are you from Bradenton? I was going to come but I didnt know how far it was. I just moved to Bradenton from Denver Co. Carla We have been here about 6 weeks now.
image hosting site

Marianne C.
on 9/20/07 4:13 am - Hudson, FL
Hey Carla... We would LOVE to have your join us but UNFORTUNATELY for us it's about an hour and a half from you. HOWEVER lucky for you, there is are a few other really good groups down your way. I know there is one in Clearwater at Morton Plant Hospital and also Mike Eak and Fatima lead an OH group in Pinellas County.  I'm sure Mike will see this message and give you more details on that. I will find out more about the group at Morton Plant and get back to you on that one too. BTW... smart move relocating from cold and dreary Denver to sunny and warm Florida! I  moved here 2 yrs ago from upstate NY and we just LOVE it here!

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Sandy W.
on 9/20/07 10:42 am - Spring Hill, FL
Carla, Glad to have you in Florida, We moved to Spring Hill 7 years ago from Parker Co after 23 years.  We love both states.  Sorry that our group may be to far for you but we can still chat.  Sandy
carlak
on 9/20/07 11:36 am - Bradenton, FL
Sandy, What made you move from Parker Colorado to Spring Hill? I saw where you are on the map. I passed it on the way down here. Carla
image hosting site

Sandy W.
on 9/22/07 11:54 am - Spring Hill, FL
Carla, It was alot of reasons, too many to go into here.  But 6 years ago the housing market was good here and not that far from Tampa that I could work in Tampa and live here.  I worked in Tampa for 3 years and than went to work for the State and a job in Hernando Co.  Somedays I would love to move back but than I remember snow in JUNE the year we left.  I still have my daughter who lives there and we travel back alot.   Sandy
carlak
on 9/22/07 1:25 pm - Bradenton, FL
Sandy, We'll definatly have to chat more!!!!! I moved here for the weather too. and also because Florida has no state income tax. I became a cosmetologist last October. Long story. but here I am  My daughter is in Chicago. We go there quite a bit.  Our house just sold in Centennial but hasnt closed yet. an investor baught it.  I am glad it sold but we sure took a killing on it. More later. Carla
image hosting site

HeatherBlood
on 9/20/07 2:26 am - Anchorage, AK
Carla, It is about an hour or more from Bradenton.  You probably should seek a support group in Pinellas county Good luck!

HeatherB
327/320/172/209/185
Highest/Before surgery/lowest/Current/New Goal!
10 years out in June!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/07 6:25 am - Hudson, FL
I am coming as soon as the tt heals in Sept....don't count me out cuz I can't wait to meet locals within my area,,,,,cya all soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Marianne C.
on 9/21/07 12:29 pm - Hudson, FL

Can't wait to meet you too Melanie!  Best of luck to you on that tummy tuck! WhOOO HOOO! What is your surgery date again?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views