Typical Weightloss in First Month

Debra_M
on 9/18/07 8:13 am - FL
Hi All: I am one week post op and went in to have my stiches removed today.  Not painful at all.  I weighed in the Dr.s office because I refuse to have a scale at home.  I don't want to become obsessive about weighing myself.  I'd lost almost 6 pounds since surgery last week.  I'm pleased but I wondered if that was typical?  Anyone want to share their first week's / first month's  weight loss?   Debra

Teresita Rodriguez
on 9/18/07 10:30 am - FL
It really depends on how much you weight , is an average , I lost in my first month 18 lbs...so far in 7 months I have lost 84 lbs I am 20-30 to my goal as I am somewhat tall
JACKIESMOM
on 10/5/07 11:59 am - FL
I JUST WANTED TO ASK, HOW WAS YOUR EXPIERIENCE WITH DR. WIZMAN? I THINK HE'S GREAT BUT HAVE NOT HAD SURGERY YET. HOW WAS YOUR EXPIERIENCE? THANKS

Teresita Rodriguez
on 10/5/07 10:19 pm - FL
DR Wizman, he is a great Dr, I felt really at ease with him , he will ask you to commit to a 5 year follow up , the first visit will be 10 days after surgery , then in 3 months and then every 6 months, bt if you have concerns he also has a monthly meetings with all his patients in the conference center of his office building... I actually had my surgery because a co-worker had it done with him , I do not regret it at all. I also have follow up apptments with his partner Dr Shillinfor. my surgery went escepcionally great , I walked since the first day of the surgery , the second day I asked to be walked 4 times, and the third day I was out of the hospital. Follow the instructions , that is the main key and as soon as you can do excersice, it will help a lot.  From my own experience , I do believe surgery is only a 40 % of the success the rest is up to the person's willingness to be successful. Good luck on your surgery, you are doing the right thing. By the way , my OBGYN saw me a week ago after I have lost 90 lbs he said I look great and asked me if I had any regrets : i replied : none, and I would do it again in a heart beat.
JACKIESMOM
on 10/5/07 11:04 pm - FL
thats great. what hospital were you at? i am glad to hear great sucess stories like yours. thank you so much for taking the time to tell me of your sucess. good luck and keep up the hard work

Teresita Rodriguez
on 10/5/07 11:19 pm - FL
I had the surgery done at West Boca medical  on 441, Boca Raton
JACKIESMOM
on 10/5/07 11:27 pm - FL
i belive i would be at northridge,which is the one across from his office. was his office staff nice to you and helpful and did candace(diatician) prepare you well enough? thanks again :)

Teresita Rodriguez
on 10/5/07 11:47 pm - FL
I live in Fort Lauderdale . so Northridge would have been my hospital but I remember that when all my papers were submitted Northridge was out of the Network of my insurance, to be included later on but to late for a change , anyways West Boca was good , but my friend had it done at Norhridge she has no complaints. Office support was ok, a week before the surgery you will get an appoitment with Diane, she will go over everything with you , will give you more information, booklet, places where you can buy the protein shakes , etc , by the way the place is called bariaticeating, is here in Fort Lauderdale and on the web. is a one stop shopping place for bariatic patients. She will go over how much liquid you should take a day ( 64oz) . With Candace I only had one appointment but I did not have to many questions anyways.. Roxann helped me with the paperwork a lot as my PCP would not give them the release for surgery until the very last moment ... If you want to write me an email at my home address to continue talking about it and in the future you may do so ; [email protected]  Teresita
JACKIESMOM
on 10/8/07 1:41 am - FL
thats great. thank you for the comfort words :) i hope my surgery goes as great as yours. maybe i will see you at a support group! thanks again

Teresita Rodriguez
on 10/8/07 8:51 am - FL
It will be all right... Just follow the instructions and if you dont have many or any of the collateral major problems caused by obessity ( and those will eventually desapear) I promess it will go all right. As you see the pounds melt away your medical problems will do the same , I was taking 4/500 mlg of metformin ( glocophage) to control my insulin , which was the highest possible to take orally , I was also on Synthroid for my hormones, gues what .. the doctor has stop those treatments as I do not need them anymore... I whish you the best of luck , email me whenever you need to and if you want to let me know when you will have the surgery , I will love to see another good looser!! Teresita
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views