Been approved & waiting for a date!

wendygail
on 9/18/07 6:32 am - Live Oak, FL
Talked with my case worker at Voc Rehab bout an hour and a half ago. I have been approved for WLS. I now have to meet with Voc Rehab to set a plan. Will let you know tomorrow what that intails. SO now I am just waiting to hear from hospitial as to when surgery will be.

If I could I would be doing back flips now. My husband and mom don't want me to get excitied until a date has been set. They are worrried I am going to have another set bak. I know I should be cautious(sp) but,since I'm approved,what's the worst that can happen?
 It's a great day to be alive.        
elilicious
on 9/18/07 6:50 am - Casselberry, FL
Congrats.  I am so happy for you!
wendygail
on 9/18/07 7:29 am - Live Oak, FL
Thanks Eli.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Hope A.
on 9/18/07 8:39 am - FL
I am waiting on my approval from voc rehab. A friend of mine just got approved and she went today to sign the paperwork. She said it just basically tells you what they pay for and what they dont (like they dont pay for vitamins). And she got her paper for her blood work and got her gall bladder ultrasound scheduled. She said it was no big deal. Then after they get all that back they send it all to the dr and he sets you up with pre-op!!      Congrats

Hark! Who is that, prowling on the hotel lobby! It is Skyla, hands clutching a reflective halberd! And with a cruel bellow, her voice cometh:

"I'm going to flog you like a rabid gangsta b**ch, then bake cookies!!"    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marianne C.
on 9/18/07 12:38 pm - Hudson, FL
EXCELLENT news!!  Sounds like a big step in the right direction! Keep your thoughts POSITIVE and you will attract positive events!!!!! 

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Ruth S.
on 9/18/07 12:58 pm - Orlando, FL
Congratulations!!!
Zookeeper
on 9/22/07 9:56 am - Largo, FL
Dear Friend, I used to be at Vocational Rehabilitation myself . But I was switched from Medicaid to Medicare I'm disabled. I find it hard to get approved for the Lab Band.  Are you using Florida Medicare?  Is there a better way to  go or  a fast way to get WLS ?  I'm gaining weight. Is there a certain chain of events on how to go about gettinfg WLS? I'll give you my e-mail it's [email protected] Thanks. Sincerely, Patricia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views