Tampa

Barbara J.
on 9/16/07 4:01 am - Geronimo, OK
I am currently five months out from RNY bypass.  I will be in Tampa starting on the 1st of October for two months.  I am looking for any support activities that will be happening there during October and November.  This is my first trip to Florida as an adult and I will be doing it without my hubby, so while I am looking forward to the trip, it is a little scary too.  Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Highest weight 276, surgeon consult 248, surgical date 13 April 07 
Marianne C.
on 9/16/07 4:45 am - Hudson, FL
Hey Barbara!  I'm a bit North of Tampa but would love to stay in touch and maybe we can meet up when you get here. Maybe we can go for a nice walk somewhere on one of the many beautiful trails and parks we have here. Also.. I co-lead a support group... we'd LOVE to have you join us. My surgeon group is not too far from Tampa and they have support group meetings once a month... I'd be happy to hook up with you and we could go together. I'll private message you with my phone number so you can give me a call.

Most dreams are lost by giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Barbara J.
on 9/17/07 10:48 am - Geronimo, OK

Thanks, Maryann.  That sounds great!  I don't know how much I will be working beyond the normal work day, but I am sure I will have some free time and it will be nice to have someone to talk to.  I hear traffic is a little heavy in Tampa, so it may take a little bit for me to brave up to driving much beyond going to and from work.  I know the trolleys come up to my hotel.  Talk to you soon.

Barb

Michael Eak
on 9/17/07 12:09 am - Largo, FL
Barabra what part of Tampa will you be staying in? There are several Support Groups in the area. Marianne's in up in Hudson in the Western Pasco County area.  Ours is the 3rd Monday of each month over in Largo Mall sorta in middle Pinellas County which if you came across the Howard Franklin Bridge you'd take Exit 31 placing you on SR 688/Ulmerton Rd. going West. Largo Malls at the corner of Seminole Blvd. & Ulmerton Rd. of course in Largo, FL. on the West Coast of Tampa Bay. (see below)  Journey Lite has a Support Group meeting at the Holiday Inn, out on Rocky Point, which is on the Courtney Campbell Causeway. But that's only for their patient's or by Invitation. I'll check if you wish to see if you can attend as I've been invited to attend. There are several other Surgeon's Support Groups also as I know of the ones in Pinellas County. But there are others in Hillsborough County too. Mike 
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Barbara J.
on 9/17/07 11:03 am - Geronimo, OK
Mike,  My hotel is on Westshore Blvd between the airport and MacDill Air Force Base.  The locations you listed don't make any sense to me right now, but I think they will after I get there.  Thank you very much for the information! Barb
sgl50990
on 9/25/07 10:06 am - Tampa, FL

Hi There is a support group meeting at St. Joseph's Hospital on Oct 4th at 6pm.  It's in the Medical Arts Building 3001 W. Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.  We have a good group and it's open to anyone.  I'm 4 months post op and my husband is 1 week post op today.  Hope to see you there.   Sandy

Barbara J.
on 9/25/07 12:16 pm - Geronimo, OK
Thank you very much for the information.  It looks like this location is very close to my hotel!  I am not sure how late I will be working, but I will try to attend. Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views