How are the 2017 Goals Going?

okiepirate
on 3/1/17 8:56 am
VSG on 11/08/14

They say, making your goals public improve the chances that you will stick with them, soooo...Jan and Feb I did a 20 pound challenge program and dropped 24 pounds, I'm feeling much better.

Now, I'm moving into exercise/fitness goal 2017 Part II. I wanted to build muscle but with all the travel I see on my calendar this quarter I didn't think the gym was going to get it done so I started looking into suspension systems. I settled on the WOSS ($100 cheaper than TRX, quality seems the same). The biggest problem was finding the joist to hang it from the ceiling. I'm using Dan Long's routines (the program takes around 45 minutes a day)for the next three months.

His program includes online videos of the exercises online as well as written instructions. The nice part is this fits in my suitcase and you use the hotel doors to hang it, so no excuses while traveling.

Completed my first set today, and I can feel the burn. I finished my C25K program and I'm able to run for 30 minutes without a break so my off days are now going to be interval training to improve my speed for the Redbud on April 9.

Ok, now that I have outed myself, anyone else?

highlandbear
on 3/1/17 5:12 pm - Canada

My goal is to do a half iron man this year to celebrate turning 55 and I have now signed up for it and have my training schedule.  Training is going to keep me busy but that is fine with me. My other goal is to lean to change a tire on the bike and a person I know is going to take to teach me since my husband is not the best teacher.  That is my goal for this year

Insert Fitness
on 3/2/17 11:24 am

Great work!

My goal for 2017 was modest, but it is to consistently hit the minimum goals for activity suggested by health canada, which is 120 minutes a week of moderate intensity cardio (measured as being able to say a few words, but cant have a convo) and two 30 minute strength building sessions.

Except for the past week or so, i've been exceeding that by a lot. Which is awesome. I'm dealing with some hip pain now, but the kinesiologist at my clinic believes its some weak muscles in my low back causing it, and gave me some exercises to work on it. so i should be back on track soon.

My other goal was to include a daily yoga practice at least 5 days a week. I have been hitting that target too!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

TheNewT
on 3/6/17 10:14 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Since my son shamed me with my inability to do one standard push up, I should add it to my list. It was funny though. I was down in a lovely plank position and tried to push up. I didn't budge. I looked at my arms like they were strangers. I pushed up again and again there was no movement.

Goal is to do one standard pushup by the first day of summer.

Most Active