Is mall walking still a thing?

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 6:27 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Here's my situation.  I live out in the sticks, in farmland.  Right now, walking for any length of time outside just gets to be unpleasant, since the wind seems to have been blowing steadily since December.  Normally it would not bother me, but with this weight loss, I get colder faster.  I don't even have a decent fitting coat, and am not spending money on one for the rest of this season.  It isn't a matter of can't as much as it is won't.  ;-)

My gym membership is going to expire soon, and I am not going to renew it.  And I refuse to get on their little inside track and orbit around with all the other bipedal hamsters.  

I am not a mall person by any stretch, and avoid them like the plague when they are infested with shoppers.  But I remember back in the day when they opened up early, before business hours, for geezers and such to walk the perimeter.  Do they still do that?  Spring is coming, and I will be out wandering the back roads soon enough.  But in the meantime...

pr31
on 1/31/17 8:16 am

I think they still do it in our area.  As a matter of fact, I think the local mall even had "mile markers" actually I think it was .25 mile marker signs.  Best bet would be to call the Administration Office of the local mall and ask if they have designated times.  Not sure if you work outside the home, but even if the mall doesn't open early for a designated program, it's probably not too busy right at opening.  

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

highlandbear
on 1/31/17 4:02 pm - Canada

I know where I live mall walking is a big thing. In the one mall they even open up early so you can walk before the stores open and another mall have signs posted if you are walking the mall than please stick the malls and do not go through the stores. I would call the mall that is close to you and ask them. Great way to meet new people

ddkVSG
on 1/31/17 6:58 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

It's still a thing where I live. My psychologist was recommending it to me last week. 

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/17 6:12 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you everyone, for the replies!  I will check it out.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 6:09 am

Lol lol! I'm definitely not a geezer and I love mall walking ! It's free it's heated there are displays to look at and like you basically have the place all to yourself with some exercise nuts ( and a few in shape geezers :) who can be very nice ) 

this time of year I get Crazy invitations to join gyms free or try them for weeks . There are like five gym chains in my area so I could easily work out every day for free until the weather gets warm . To tell the truth farming season is starting so I'm painting fences repairing beds etc and starting to plant fruit trees . 

Most Active