Fall Fitness Giveaway, $293 Value

Channynn
on 11/19/15 7:49 pm

I recently started Zumba and it's so much fun!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/19/15 8:26 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

My favorite way to stay active is combining something positive and useful with my activity.  Truthfully, it is always an effort for me to work on my fitness. I do weight lifting at the gym while my son takes his swimming lesson twice per week, but I truly dread it.

Because I don't really enjoy working out --  I have found that it is necessary to attach something pleasurable to make it sustainable.  Last year, I found out that a lot of people in the nursing home/retirement village near my home are breathtakingly lonely and lacking visits from their own families.  I wanted to do something to help alleviate that, but time is always at a minimum in my life.  Then I got the idea to find walking partners.  There were several women there who enjoy taking walks and chatting with me -- and I always do it under the guise that they are helping me to keep up my exercise routine.  That way, they feel useful and important, too.  And you know what?  They are!!  I love walking with my older ladies -- and my commitment to them helps me to keep my commitment to myself as well.  Along the way, I gained a great circle of support -- and as an added bonus, their health has improved, too.

Thus, this is my favorite way to be more active.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Whitney J.
on 11/19/15 10:05 pm - CA

My favorite form of exercise is a long walk. I also feel great after a Pilates workout.

melknight78
on 11/20/15 1:35 am

My favorite way to stay active is playing with my two young girls (3 & 5) and their older brother (12)!  Certainly helps me maintain my 187 pound loss since my RNY in 2004!

Haakon49
on 11/20/15 5:40 am

Low impact walking is my exercise. I have come to realize that I am no longer a "spring chicken"!

llLou
on 11/20/15 6:26 am - Halifax NS, Canada

My favorite way to stay active is swimming five times a week. Linda

Filly2015
on 11/20/15 9:24 am

My favorite way to stay active is waking and using my bike. 

watchstarshrink_vsg
on 11/20/15 11:24 am

The way I like to stay active is to get on the treadmill at the gym and put on my favorite playlist and walk to the beat of the music! After that, I like to lift some weights, and end off a good workout with a nice swim.

Tropicalcocoa
on 11/20/15 11:37 am - Walkertown, NC

I love to dance. I dance around my house listening to my favorite tunes. I have a friend who is a dance instructor at a local dance hall. We do alot of different line dances, as well as couple dances. We do all styles of dancing. I dance anywhere and anytime I get a chance especially when I hear music. When I get together with my friends they are an inspiration and just gives me the lift to hang in there and keep on going even when I believe I can't go any longer. Sometimes I will be so sore the next day, but it is always worth it to help me stay active and not get bored with the same ole activities. I also walk around and play with the dog out side. It all helps keep me active and young at heart!!

Thank you, 

Tina R Johnson

Sheryl28518
on 11/20/15 12:31 pm

My favorite way to stay active is by walking and climbing stairs at work...  I'm a 911 dispatch supervisor and I'm all over the place...  I don't have a pedometer at this time so I'm not sure how far I'm going, but it feels like at least 10 miles...  Lol. The other thing I love is dancing, so I'm getting ready to start taking Zumba classes next week - yay!!!   I had WLS in 2002, gained some back and I'm just trying to get it back off (I think I'm close by the fit of the clothing I saved and can almost wear again).  Thank you in advance of I win!!!

Most Active