So any good excuse for not riding your bike??

cabin111
on 5/15/15 3:52 pm

Yeah, I know many of you have physical limitations.  But come on you people that can, yesterday was national bike to work day...Some of you, get going!!  Ask someone to help fix that old piece of junk and enjoy the springtime!!

Two Mile Touring

This time of year, I usually find myself in conversation with someone who is curious about my bike habit. Often they feel like they could never do it themselves.  So I usually give some simple starting advice.I'd Bike But...

Because pretty much anyone can ride a bicycle for two miles- for fun, to run an errand, to get dinner with a friend, to explore their neighborhood. Maybe after that they’ll ride two more miles… and then two more…then two more.

billmacc7
on 5/15/15 8:23 pm - MA

Great post Brian...I recently bought a Hybrid Bike, the brand is Harro...it was rather expensive ($800!) but took it out and it rides SO MUCH BETTER than any I have ever ridden...Excited too as I am going to ATTEMPT to do a Sprint Triathalon later this year and I am sure the bike will handle great!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

cabin111
on 5/15/15 10:28 pm

Bill, good for you...Seize the day!!

Gwen M.
on 5/16/15 5:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm scared of riding my bike.  I used to love biking when I was a kid, but then I got in a weird accident, and the last time I tried I just got really panicky :(  So I long-term loaned my bike to a friend.  

Sigh.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/17/15 9:00 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I also like bike riding & sometimes bike ride to work. Reasons on why I sometimes don't ride to work is because I'm walking there!

I do have to be careful on the days I do ride because of the traffic, people often double park & I end up being further in the street with an already narrow road, or I have to ride around them because they drive so far over they leave no room for anybody else.

Street riding sometimes is no fun at all!, especially in the middle of the road.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

cabin111
on 5/17/15 5:03 pm

Yeah, I arrange my bike routes around the path of least resistance. We have really bad roads in my town...So I find the safest routes.  If necessary I will come to a complete stop if I feel the situation is not safe.  I (and everyone) should assume that drivers do not see you...I always make that assumption.  So after many months and years of practice I have found the best routes around town.  Brian  PS  See my post on Google Maps about 20 threads below (on this board) about finding good bike routes...

Most Active