Dream of being a runner.

EDisla83
on 3/16/15 6:55 am - Hicksville, NY

Hey Catalina I am on long Island too. Small world

"If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right" - Henry Ford

Free E-course shows Women how they can achieve their Ideal bodies with strategies that adress how a womans body works

catalina07
on 3/20/15 12:38 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Oh wow Hicksville! Thats not toooo far. I am further east but we are prob like 30-40 mins away!!!!!!!

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

EDisla83
on 3/21/15 8:48 am - Hicksville, NY

Yeah thats pretty cool. I saw your friend request, Just figuring out how to get that.

"If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right" - Henry Ford

Free E-course shows Women how they can achieve their Ideal bodies with strategies that adress how a womans body works

Gwen M.
on 3/17/15 9:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You can totally do it :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

EDisla83
on 3/9/15 5:31 am - Hicksville, NY

Hi Catalina 

Its great that you are interested in becoming a runner. Many people take up running at different stages of their lives, it can be a great hobby/way to stay healthy/way to spend time with friends. There are a lot of benefits to running, I noticed you mention you don't like exercise. Its great that you are being honest with yourself about not liking it, its even better that you Want to like it. You want to get your mind on your side when it comes to this, otherwise you will at best have a difficult time. If you know children one question they ask a lot is "WHY?". You are on the right path to this when you acknowledge you don't like exercise, ask yourself why? I recommend writing down your answers to look at when you are done. What you will find is that some of the reasons may not seem valid to you once you have them on paper and you will have one less "why" you don't like exercise. As soon as you have peeled back all of these layers you can start to look at the benefits of different types of exercises, and you can start setting goals for those benefits. When it comes to running it is a great idea to have an "event" to train for it could be as simple as a solo 5k to running for a cause, to a marathon. 

catalina07
on 3/11/15 12:39 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Wow really thank you so much for that post. It is a really good suggestion and I am going to do it! I think the reasons why are...I hate to feel sweaty and dirty. I hate to have sore muscles for days. I feel embaressed to exercise in front of skinny people. Thats all I can come up with. Sometimes it's hard to fit into my schedule but I feel that is not a MAJOR issue like the others. I wont make the "I dont have time" excuse. Thank you for taking the time out for me!

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

EDisla83
on 3/12/15 6:52 am - Hicksville, NY

Hi Catalina 

You are on the right track (pun intended) Keep digging, it may seem like a bit of work, but I can assure you once your mind is on your

side you are going to be able to accomplish great things. I see you dont like feeling dirty, and sweaty, its perfectly ok, see why you dont

like to be sweaty/dirty. As far as sore muscles go it is a temporary occurence as your body adjusts itself to your new active lifestyle,

then after that you can look forward to feeling really good after your workouts. I see you are concerned with working out in front of

skinny people, that is fine. You can actually get great workouts in the privacy of your home. Though do give yourself time to think on

why your are concerned about what others might think of you; unless they can help you get where you desire to be. So I recommend

you continue to look at what is stopping you from starting, keep asking yourself "why" and just look at your answers without judgment

you will see that if a thought isn't helping you achieve your goals then you will let it go. Keep me posted on how you do with that

exercise, when all the obstacles have been seen and dealt with you will be ready to set achievable goals. 

flwrpwr
on 3/12/15 8:49 am
VSG on 02/23/15

Hi, I'm Flwrpwr. I hade my VSG on 2/23/15. Houston, Tx

You have inspired me as well.  I look forward to a victory of running and just enjoying exercise in general.

Thanks, for all of your encouraging words!!!!!

I am

myforever

EDisla83
on 3/13/15 6:16 am - Hicksville, NY

Hi Flwrpwr, its great to hear you were inspired. Running is can be a very enjoyable activity and if you live where its cold the good weather is coming up. 

catalina07
on 3/12/15 11:51 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

right track! LOL  Thanks for the advice and input. I have been doing well so far with the workouts. I am actually pretty proud of myself. I think that once I don't feel so "new" at working out it wont bother me to be in front of the really fit people. As of now, I have been using the gym in the complex where I live. I go very early in the morning after taking my son to school...no one else has been there so far! It's like my own personal (and free) gym! I actually love it! I am so excited to keep on working and becoming the new and improved ME! 

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active