Canadian and can not get Doctors approval to exercis

TheGipper2
on 2/5/15 10:35 pm - Canada

It is about time that I found a place at one of the local seniors recreation centers where I can do moderate exercise.  Up until now no one would help and I have been losing weight but now that things have slowed down and I have lost 75 pounds I need something more to keep going. 

Gwen M.
on 2/7/15 6:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

While exercise is great, diet is really what matters for weight loss.  If you're not tracking everything you eat, I'd start with that to make sure that I'm still on track.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TheGipper2
on 2/8/15 5:05 am - Canada

Dear Gwen

First thank you for answering my post.  I still have another 25 pounds to go and believe me the process has slowed down and I am still dieting and writing down not just my food but my calorie in take 1000-1200, my protein 60-80g and carbohydrates along with my daily water in take of 2 liters and citrus calcium + D plus my medications per day.  My main problem was no Doctor would approve exercising due to the fact that the arthritis has eaten my cartel edge in both keens and ankles.  I was told that the better your condition is going into knee surgery the faster the recovery and less painful.  I have until June to make a decision on weather or not to go forward or not.  The current weight loss of 75 pounds has given me a reprieve and has take most of the pain away.  Not sure if I should go ahead or wait until it starts back up.  Or should I take care of it before its unbearable again.     Not 100% sure where to go from here??? 

I might add that the weight loss has reduce my diabetes medication from 5 needles a day to 1 with a good chance that if I continue to get good blood readings I will come off the insulin altogether. My ulcerated legs are healed and the fluid build up no long exist.  Unfortunately I lost my eye site in one eye two Decembers ago and am blind in the right eye.  The vision situation will not improve ever but everything else has.  WOW!

Again it was good to hear from you.

Sincerely

Susan

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 6:27 am - GA

Hello and great job on the 75 pound weight loss. Keep up the great job. I applaud your efforts to keep going and not be satisfied. Have you been exercising also or its mainly been eating properly that's assisted in your weight loss. I don't know how long it took you to lose the weight but that's amazing. I will come a point when you will not lose as quickly as you previously did but that doesn't mean you won't continue to have amazing results. So, although its frustrating its just the law of averages. I am sure you are eagerly wanting to continue to lose weight at a quick rate but as a personal trainer for 12 years I recommend following your doctors advice. Did the doctors explain to you why they will not give you approval? If its been several doctors they are not all wrong but may  know some things you have not considered as to why they will not give approval. Speak with them and let them know your concerns and is there a way perhaps see if you and the doctor can come to some common ground on an exercise program. Here is an blog I wrote titled, "Is Exercise Important After Bariatric Surgery" which may be helpful. Have a great day and keep up the great job.

Most Active