Tighten up some areas, please help?!

DeDication
on 6/24/14 2:00 am

Hey everyone, I don't have a huge issue with loose skin however things are a tad loose.. Areas: upper inner thigh, my back ( when turning or rolling over from laying on my stomach or side my excess skin turns into a roll and feels like it folds in half in the middle :-( ) My stomach doesn't need too much help but I would like to know of anything I can do to tighten up my core, specifically what should I do ?? I would love as much detail as possible, or a program I can purchase and follow or a website?

Thank you all so very much in advance!

cabin111
on 6/24/14 8:20 am

Not really...The idea is to be healthy.  By toning and muscle building you can hide some of the extra skin.  Also age comes into play.  Over the years, I have heard that the younger the person, the more likely their skin will shrink somewhat.  Again, somewhat...Not all the way.  Saving money for plastic surgery may be an option to look at also.  Brian

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/14 11:49 pm - Bournemouth, United Kingdom

My best advise is, eat  foods rich in  vitamins A, B, C, E and K this will encourage the production building of elastin and collagends, helping to tone and tighten flabby skin

Also, i would join a rowing club it's a lot of fun and it keeps you fit and tone up, or buy a Concept 2  rowing machine. Google foods to build elastin and collagends, foods to tone and tighten flabby skin.

Good luck.

Nathan

DeDication
on 6/25/14 12:19 am

Thank you very much for your advice, it is greatly appreciated! 

MacMadame
on 6/26/14 2:00 pm - Northern, CA

I will share something I read the other day that struck me. Women seem obsessed with having tight tummies. So they do a lot of core work. If you do strength training on muscle and "build up" your core.... it gets BIGGER. The way to a flat, tight tummy is not to make it bigger! LOL

So don't fall into the trap of thinking that doing a bunch of crunches and core work will burn fat off your middle or "tight up" that area. Skin can't really be significantly tightened by exercise anyway -- exercise works the muscles. And you can't spot reduce fat. It comes off where it wants to come off.

Just workout all over for general health and every area will look and feel better.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

godbeaux
on 7/2/14 10:25 am

Core exercises include exercises like planks, and many of the yoga poses.  While they will not tighten the skin they will make the muscles stronger and help you stand straighter and make you look taller and thinner.  These exercises will strengthen your muscles and not necessarily build bulk.  Google core exercises for more examples and videos on how to do these exercises. ( I have a masters in Exercise Physiology).

BeautifulCajun
on 7/10/14 7:57 am - Evangeline , LA

I found itworks and it has been a complete game changer for me!!! faither.myitworks.com or email me [email protected]

Most Active