2 weeks post o

Nikkitherascal
on 6/17/14 5:15 am

Hi. I am 2weeks post op. I had gastric bypass on 6.2.14. I'm down 31.4 lbs thus far. I don't have a goal weight. I'm concerned cuz I'm having trouble tolerating protein shakes even though I know how important they are. How soon after surgery did it take you to be able to get the 75-80 grams of protein goal? I'm struggling to work on getting one shake down a day right now. 

GaryArk
on 6/17/14 12:04 pm

I am one month out.  I use protein that i mix with water. It's fruit flavored and goes down east.  It's about 15 grams per glass.  You can get it from Metabolic Research, and ProtiDiet sells some too.  When i have a shake, i use JayRobb protein powder that i get at Kroger.  Add artificial sweetener and skim milk.  Mix it in a blender.  Hope it works for you.  Baptist Hospital in Little Rock has a support group - lots of good ideas there.  We meet The second Thursday of the month at 6:30.  Message me if you need anything.  Gary in Saline County.

danslillady
on 6/17/14 11:16 pm

It took a few months.  My program required 45g at first and then moved up to 60-90 without protein shakes. 

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

AllisonKara
on 6/24/14 3:05 am

It takes time ,maybe a few months to gain the ideal weight you are looking for.You will have to keep trying. Taking protein shakes is important therefore keep taking them little at a time so that you get the desired amount of protein through the day.

Most Active