Work Outs for those with chronic pain. Anyone been there? NEED MOTIVATION!!!!!

Thewittykitty
on 5/25/14 5:32 am

Greetings. I have not been working out a lot since surgery because I suffer from chronic pain (the Vicodin/Morphine type). I can't walk and working out at the gym is a struggle. I've been to the pool and that seems okay. I'm also struggling with motivation. CAN ANYONE HELP? Thank you very much.

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/14 12:08 pm

Hello Thewittykitty,

So sorry to hear about your chronic pain. Here is little motivation and also help for your chornic pain. As unusual and strange it may sound these 5 songs can help ease chronic pain. And this is a research from the University of Utah, published at Emaxhealth in October of 2013. Please listen to them and let me know if it helped you.

Hope this makes your evening and weekend a little better.

BeautifulCajun
on 7/10/14 8:03 am - Evangeline , LA

I am gonna have to send that info to my husband!! he loves the #1 hit!!! 

I also wanted to share.... 

I found itworks and it has been a complete game changer for me!!! faither.myitworks.com or email me [email protected]

Nancy
on 2/8/15 5:02 am - Kasson, MN

Just start doing small things, like walk to the end of the block for two weeks then increase it another block. Try to do stretches and just lift your arms in the air when u are sitting.  You got to do it slow and work your way up, or u overdo it.  Like if u go to gym ride the bike for 5 min then a few more minutes each time.  As long as u get your heart rate up.  I deal with chronic pain and I just feel like heck all the time but it is easier doing small things.

missc_26
on 10/16/16 9:32 am
VSG on 10/03/16
On May 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM Pacific Time, Thewittykitty wrote:

Greetings. I have not been working out a lot since surgery because I suffer from chronic pain (the Vicodin/Morphine type). I can't walk and working out at the gym is a struggle. I've been to the pool and that seems okay. I'm also struggling with motivation. CAN ANYONE HELP? Thank you very much.

Hi there,

You posted this a fair whilith chronic pain and mobilitye back but also as someone with chronic pain and mobility issues I wondered how you got on? If you had any advice or ideas on exercise/fitness that worked for you I would value hearing them. 

Thank you. 

C

Most Active