Protein options

Pelz
on 2/25/14 12:49 am

Can anybody give me ideas of how to get in my protein? The shakes and broth make me throw up now and I'm not getting any protein in. I really don't want my hair to fall out because it is already thin from when I had my baby. The milky taste is what gets me and makes me want to puke. I tolerate jello good, has anyone tried putting protein in that? How long can I go until hair loss starts?

PetHairMagnet
on 2/26/14 3:06 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Have you tried a fruit flavored and tart drink? Like the Wild Grape from Syntrax? Twisted cherry, apple and lemonade are all a bit more juice/sour flavor and I love them! I put the lemonade in tea, but everything else I put in water. NO milky taste at all. 

Hair loss should be the least of your concerns if you are not getting protein in. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

AllisonKara
on 2/28/14 1:46 am

You can try the protein bars or the Quest bars easily available in teh market. The quest bars are very low in carbs and great to taste as well. Moreover, these are also available in a number of different flavors, so you have many options you can select from and add the appropriate amount of proteins to your diet. Hope it helps.

Tanya S.
on 3/2/14 3:55 am
RNY on 03/25/14

BBQ soy snacks by proti are pretty good and definitely do not have a milky taste.

lonnierjones
on 3/6/14 11:17 am

I assume you just had surgery and are in your Phase 1 liquid stage.

First of all, don't even think about losing hair right now...that's not going to happen for a while.

Second, I had this exact same problem...I got so sick of liquids I was losing my mind. So, I can really relate.  But, I don't have any answers.  I went to all the suppliment shops and tried everything ever made...all types of shakes and protein based drinks.  They make some decent protein drinks...here is a link: http://www.theisopurecompany.com/en/drinks

These helped break up the monotony...but they are expensive...but I remember your suffering and I remember money not mattering when you feel like that.

I hope that helps...I wish I had more advice...just power through it to Phase II...you will perk right up after a couple days of soft food.

Good Luck.

Lonnie

Diabetes Diet Journal Blog

Most Active