Weekend workouts/training/etc

nfarris79
on 2/16/14 2:21 am - Germantown, MD

Saturday was a rest day, although I fully intended on doing my first trail run - it got canceled due to the snow! Sunday we had our 14-miler. The hills - OMG the hills!! Not sure if I'm more tired of snow or hills this season, but they're both annoying the crap out of me. Yeah, yeah, they make you stronger - - bla,bla....

Elevation
Elevation Gain: 578 ft
Elevation Loss: 576 ft
Min Elevation: 61 ft
Max Elevation: 363 ft

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

MacMadame
on 2/16/14 2:51 am - Northern, CA

I plan to go out for a short run later today after I get done watching the ice dancing at the Olympics. I plan to run 3 minutes / walk 1 minute for 30 minutes. Hopefully that should be at least 2 miles.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

billmacc7
on 2/16/14 5:17 am - MA

I ran 5 miles yestterday, did 7 miles today...I hate doing hills, but this winter I am hating snow more...

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

cabin111
on 2/16/14 10:16 am

Rode my bike a lot over the weekend.  I have also hurt my back...Went to physical therapy and got some stretching exercises.  I do those daily now.  It hit 70 degrees today in Turlock, CA.  Today I rode to the coffee shop...Got my cup of soup (chicken vegetable) and hot tea.  Later my wife and I pruned some trees.  Near sunset I did my ride around the neighborhood.  Total riding today was about 4-5 miles...

cabin111
on 2/17/14 8:24 am

PS  I also walked for about 20-25 minutes (Sunday) around the house late at evening.  I'm on Prednizone...I'll be done tomorrow.  It's forcing my body to do the work itself rather than the help of the pred as I drop down...

MacMadame
on 2/17/14 3:10 am - Northern, CA

I ended up getting stuck on the wrong side of the creek so I did 4.5 miles of which about half was walking and half running. I also met an interesting dude on the trail who used to do triathlons including Kona back in the days when you didn't have to qualify.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/14 4:44 am - ORLANDO, FL

5 Steps To Looking 10 Years Younger .

The F4X Youth-Enhancing Bodyshaping System For Men and Women http://6a60ahjk2g5frh4ntbjmgxcs4e.hop.clickbank.net/

weightloser1
on 2/17/14 1:12 pm

i am also planning to run for a short time. I like it in every moment an continue it regularly.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/24/14 4:37 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM Pacific Time, nfarris79 wrote:

Saturday was a rest day, although I fully intended on doing my first trail run - it got canceled due to the snow! Sunday we had our 14-miler. The hills - OMG the hills!! Not sure if I'm more tired of snow or hills this season, but they're both annoying the crap out of me. Yeah, yeah, they make you stronger - - bla,bla....

Elevation
Elevation Gain: 578 ft
Elevation Loss: 576 ft
Min Elevation: 61 ft
Max Elevation: 363 ft

You guys and your snow in MD...when will it end!? 

I went for a run yesterday and had to pretty much strip down half way because I was too hot...it was over 70 here. Which I know is almost like neener-neener to a snowy person, but the lesson for ME was to check the thermometer before heading out! I came home with a pair of pants, a shirt and a jacket all tied around my waist because I'd gone out in Nanook mode on a Wahine kind of day. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

AllisonKara
on 3/19/14 3:24 am

I do intend to do at least half an hour of different forms of exercises everyday but I fail for it most of the times as I cannot stay away from the yummy dishes that are prepared by my mom. The St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and again I am going to gorge on the food and regain all the number of calories I have lost with the rigorous exercises. I don't know what to do.

Most Active