Pre op exercise

ReginaPhelange
on 2/2/14 12:53 am
RNY on 02/24/14

What was your pre op work out of choice?

MacMadame
on 2/2/14 6:11 am - Northern, CA

I started with walking and also we had an onsight gym at work that I started using. I rode the stationary bike.

But a few years before my surgery, I was heavily into figure skating and I was working on learning ice dancing. Dropping that was one of my motivations for getting surgery, in fact.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/14 8:39 am

Every morning I start walking togerther with my pets, about to start 6-8am. I usually do this everyday to start my morning fresh and healthy.

LJ1972
on 2/3/14 11:03 am - FL

I started with a personal trainer the month before surgery

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 7:58 am - GA

Hello and its great you are already seeking a workout before your pre-op? There are many great benefits to doing this. One is the more weight you lose in advance the better your results will be. Secondly, if you find an exercise program which you enjoy doing and have gotten results you will know what to do after post-op. I am assuming you are just beginning working out so choose an exercise program which is challenging but doable. Starting off with something difficult may discourage you and you may quit the program. Something to easy will not allow you to get maximum results. So it very important to do research and experimentation. I wrote a blog "Problems Choosing An Exercise Plan-Know Thyself" which I think will be very helpful to you. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Most Active