Have you ever hit a stall/plateau?? what did you do?

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/21/14 12:59 pm - Laurel, MD
Hitting a stall a few yrs. back was one of my biggest downfalls, after my wls. I never recovered from it, and was over 3 months or so? I thought I did whatever I could to try and break it, but???? then I was expecting, later that year, in Nov. Stalled in March, and in June I was still at a plateau, how long do they generally last? Was a 3 month stall normal? Now I want to prepare myself if it should happen yet again, in the process of me trying to get this 50lbs. off!

"jbug"

Mzzwanna256
on 1/23/14 3:22 am

Hi,

I am 18 months post op. A few months back I hit a  plateau. I thought I wouldn't lose another pound! I had to reset myself! Did a cleanse, liquids for 4 days, now clean eating 90% of the time & exercise 4-6 x's week. I still have about 50 lbs until my goal weight!! You can do it!! Just get REFOCUSED!! Hope this helps!!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/24/14 4:09 am - Laurel, MD
okay great thanks!!
I am hanging tough. day by day,

"jbug"

Amy W.
on 1/23/14 9:25 pm - Buckeye, AZ
For SURE!!! I realized I wasn't eating enough and burning waaaay too many calories. My body was trying to hold onto every calorie possible!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/24/14 4:13 am - Laurel, MD
Wow, I don't think that was my case. I can't really recall other than continuing to drink alcohol may/was the sabotage even way back then, 6yrs. ago, I was having too much fun, hanging out and drinking, and I should have gave up the ****tails as I did after surgery, for 3months, & even now! back to no ****tails!! I am hanging in here.
Thanks-Jbug

"jbug"

VSG on 06/12/13

How did you come to this conclusion? I recently had hydrostatic testing and came to the same conclusion based on my true RMR. What was your experience in adding in calories?

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

danslillady
on 1/28/14 2:23 am

I'm interested in learning the details also!

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 9:14 am - GA

Be sure to mix your workouts up. Continuously change them up every 3-4 months. Change the intensity, sets , reps, locations, DVD, etc. Also, do the same with the eating. Your body may get use to the same foods also. Also, in regards to working out hopefully you are not making up a exercise program on your own but using a personal trainer or DVD of proven workout. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Most Active