Exercise Tips after Obesity Surgery

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/14 11:21 am, edited 1/6/14 11:22 am

Before I am 290pounds at the age of 29, I've decided to undergo obesity surgery and thankful that iI found PlacidWay who help me find affordable obesity surgery center abroad. Now, after my surgery, I am focusing on maintaining my fit and healthy body, do you have suggestions, tips or ideas on what is the best exercise to keep my body fit? And also for weight loss diet plan? Thanks for the help.

jimjayhawk
on 1/6/14 8:06 pm
RNY on 02/10/13

My apology for the brief aside, but I can't help but cringe whenever I see someone going abroad for the procedure. I'm sure you have your reasons, but I can't fathom doing a bariatric procedure without my full support team right at hand. I had stricture issues for about 8 weeks and REALLY appreciated having the surgeon who did the procedure working with me to overcome the problem.

The "best" is likely very different due to our unique health history, body type, and life style. As a 53 yr old male who had been a HS and college wrestler once upon a time I had a high level of fitness, but was also battling major back/hip issues. I started off with PT on the back/hip who then handed me over to a personal crossfit trainer who was also a PT Assistant and could customize a training regimen to build upon the work started by the PT. 

I have since moved on to the local fitness center where I do 40-60 minutes of cardio on an elliptical 5-6 days a week and circuit training 2-3 days a week. I just got my left hip replaced and am looking forward to trying the spinning classes once we've rehabbed the hip. 

Whatever you decide - best of luck! Exercise has played a MAJOR role in my post-surgical success to date, there are many avenues to pursue the exercise with a cost ranging from minimal (shoes) to as much as you want to spend.

Most Active