What do to do?

tzanks418
on 12/30/13 10:33 am

I had surgery 4 months ago. I started at 217 and down to 174, trying to get to 125. I joined the gym...most my weight is in the stomach area esp after 2 c sections a few abdominal surgeries. I am thinking at thing point I just to need to keep burning and not so much working on toning, but maybe I am wrong. What should I be doing at the gym?!?! help!

Day_dream_believer
on 1/2/14 1:26 pm

It is not possible to pinpoint a certain area that you want the weight to come off of your body.  I would do a combination of several types of exercise.  Cardio is good for losing the fat,  but weight training is good for building muscle and giving you an overall toned look.  It will also increase your metabolism.  If you really want to tone your core I would suggest something like Pilates.  I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week.  I alternate weights and Pilates 5 days a week.  At four months I was doing 30 to 40 minutes of cardio and 20-30 minutes of weights. 

jimjayhawk
on 1/3/14 7:51 pm
RNY on 02/10/13

How old are you? 

As I was focusing on the weight loss I leaned HEAVILY on the cardio... 

Now that I have achieved my weight goal I am adding some circuit training to my routine. 

I wish I had been doing the weight training all along though, my Nut is concerned about the amount of muscle mass I have lost since my surgery. While my ratio is still within her healthy range, it is perilously close to being too much, so I am focusing on the weights along with the cardio. 

So, IMHO (which with $7 will get you a Starbucks), balancing the cardio with the weights is probably the best route to go. You may not reach the 125, but you will end up in much better shape regardless. 

Best of luck! 

tzanks418
on 1/3/14 8:30 pm
I am 26, thanks for the tips!
weightloser1
on 2/19/14 4:35 pm

i am doing the gym also by the surgery. well i don't feel any need to get help because doing exercises very well. thank you.

Most Active