Joining the gym

darladenise
on 12/2/13 4:54 am

I don't have a surgery date yet but most likely it will take place in mid-January to early February.  I've lost 20 pounds in the last two months and I can already see the flab.  I received a 45 day FREE pass

to a health club from a friend and he will give me a discount to join permanently if I like it.  My question to all of you is, when would be a good time to begin working out?  Now, closer to my surgery date or after surgery? It may sound like a silly question, but I love getting input from those of you that have already been through this.  Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon. 

barb.k
on 12/4/13 2:24 am - Williamson, GA

Exercise is a great habit to have. I might not qualify as I am only 4 weeks out, but I am returning to the gym today. My surgeon only allowed walking until now.( I also had a hernia repair with my RNY.) It use to be a routine for me when I went on a regular basis like all our tools they work when we use them. It is a conscious decision to use the tools that help and not discard them when proven to be valuable Excersice has many known benefits.

It has been hard to go today. I planned on going first thing this AM but the morning slipped into the afternoon. But, as soon as I finish lunch I am packing a shake and heading out to the gym.. I also look forward to being measured because sometimes the weight seems to come off a little slower than we would like. I think being measured will help me psychologically as well. This might be a good time to find out if you really like this gym, many times people sign contracts and then don't use the facility. Congrats on your weight loss and new adventures ahead of you.

barb.k

Erinax
on 12/15/13 2:19 am

How long does it take to fully heal so that you can exercise after surgery?

weightloser1
on 2/11/14 2:14 pm

exrecise has lots of benefits and I think that should join early to see its good effects.

Most Active