Post DS running?

divamc
on 11/13/13 11:02 pm - Riverview, FL

Hi guys,

I had my DS in June and am on the loser's bench. I want to start running, but I'm terrified that I'll get far away from my house and, all of a sudden, need to use the potty. I'm not really good on treadmills. I would love to become a bariathlete, but I feel chained to the restroom.

Are there any post DSers here who have been able to conquer this issue?

billmacc7
on 11/14/13 7:27 am - MA

I had RNY so not sure if it helps, but I have always had issues w/ having to use the bathroom, even during exercise. In all honesty, even now I try to go, even if I don't feel like I need to, before going to work out or run. However, have had a couple of times had to make unexpexted "pit stops"...lol!

Hope you are able to work on it, exercise can be a big asset in your journey.

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

MacMadame
on 11/14/13 4:11 pm - Northern, CA

Trust me on this: even non-wls peeps have this issue. Google running & Gastric distress and you will get a ton of suggestions!

I have a sleeve but I had the issue early on. I found the more fit I was, the less it was a problem. Or maybe my body just got used to running.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

nlmcb
on 11/20/13 2:17 pm

You might want to try mall walking for exercise. Bathrooms near by at every end of the mall. Walking is fantastic cardio exercise and you will have peace of mind knowing you have access to restrooms.

Most Active