First Full marathon Completed!!

kellybelly333
on 10/21/13 6:21 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks!! Agreed on the body scan. It was suggested to me (and I can't remember the name of the book), that knee and IT band pain comes from fear, among other things. I did have a fear of not being able to finish, so I concentrated on being positive and tried my best to wash away any negativity. I also tried to absorb all the energy around me. This type of thinking is new to me, but i like it! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/21/13 7:38 am
RNY on 05/13/13

SUPER AWESOME!!! I I so thrilled for you to have finished your first marathon!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

LJ1972
on 10/22/13 8:13 am - FL

WOW!! YAY!!! That's awesome stuff!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

effyx1
on 10/25/13 8:23 am - Saginaw, MI

Congratulations!  That is an awesome time no matter what, but especially awesome considering your struggles leading up to the race!

HW:306; Pre-op:288; SW:274; CW:131; GW:138

Vi-Vi
on 11/2/13 9:30 pm
VSG on 12/13/12

Wow Kelly, you definitely have something to be proud of!  That is a remarkable accomplishment.  I've been reading many of your posts and following you on Facebook from time to time but I didn't know you didn't enjoy running at the very beginning... I tried this summer with my husband and daughter and I really didn't enjoy it either...  Maybe I'll give it another try.. LOL  You're truly an inspiration to many of us.  Thank you for posting your journey!  Your father was definitely with you during your 4 hours and I  can assure you he is very proud of you not only for your accomplishments but not following in his footsteps because as you know as a parent we all want the very best for our children and grandchildren....laugh

Sylvie 

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Most Active