Suggestions?

tzanks418
on 9/25/13 5:01 am

I am a few days shy of being 1 month post op! I need to incorporate more exercise! I work full time, also have a part time job! I am taking two night classes and have to children ages 2 and 4..so finding "me" time is hard enough as it is. Any suggestions of thins I can do around the house?

angeleigh
on 9/25/13 9:46 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

What I used to do when my son was that little was put on some music and do "funny" dancing with him. He had a ball and it gave me time to do something for me as well.

Also here are a few things you can do that dont take much time. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/70791025364479169/

Easy 100 calorie burn or easy 1000 calorie burn (400 jumping jacks, 300 Sit-ups, 200 Squats, 100 Pushups)

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

tzanks418
on 9/25/13 10:27 am
thank.you so much!!
Keith L.
on 9/27/13 5:59 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I tested this a few weeks ago with a heart rate monitor on, you need to do this 3 times to get 100 calories! Sorry!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

angeleigh
on 9/27/13 6:59 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

On that note, on the post not sure why it didnt copy with the picture it does say to repeat 3 times.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Keith L.
on 9/27/13 5:58 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You are probably another two weeks or so away from being able to do what I call my no nonsense/no excuse workout. Its a workout you can do even if you are sick. It is as follows:

Step out of bed and get on the floor.

10 push-up (drop to your knees if you have to but get through 10)

10 crunches or sit-up

10 lunges

10 jumping jacks

It takes literally seconds to do, you will have energy all day, you will be singing in the shower, and if you don't get another chance to exercise again that day, you at least got that in and this set works every muscle in your body.

If you want something a bit more intense let me know I have a ton of stuff I can set you up with. Check with your doc first 1 month out you are probably at best cleared for light exercise which means walking! BTW walking is the absolute best exercise for shredding fat!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

barbara101
on 9/27/13 2:04 pm - somewhere, OH
Set me up plz Keith...

Barbara   

nlmcb
on 9/27/13 9:02 pm

Take the opportunity to add extra steps to your day.  Park farther away from the office, grocery store & school.  Use the stairs instead of the elevator.  When doing housework, pick up the  pace.  Every little bit counts!

Put exercise on your calendar (just like any other commitment) and stick to it.  Even if you only have 30 minutes, two days a week, make it happen! Or break up exercise into 20 minute increments, with a brisk walk 2-3 x a day.  It adds up fast!

You seem to be a very ambitious person, use some of that ambition on yourself, you deserve it!

Most Active