tips for a beginner?

wildflower_for_God
on 9/12/13 1:33 am - Farmville, NC

Hello,

I am 8 weeks out from surgery, and doing well. I've started walking with a purpose, and am trying to educate myself on exercising. I would like to find some videos that help teach me the basics of yoga (for stretching), and some toning (particularly arms and tummy). I've looked, but there are so many choices,

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions to get me started on a good path.

Thanks!

Kia

PetHairMagnet
on 9/17/13 5:05 am, edited 9/17/13 5:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I would encourage you to take actual yoga classes, form is important and you cannot really check yourself effectively.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TEMMEAlexa
on 9/18/13 3:07 am - Irvine, CA

Joining a yoga class under a trained instructor would be a better option than watching videos, as he will be able to guide you in the right way..If you try it on your own ,you might injure yourself by over stretching or doing the asanas in a wrong way..

Day_dream_believer
on 9/20/13 5:07 am

I agree with the others.  Take a class from a certified instructor.  Years ago I injured my shoulder while doing yoga to a video.

Great job on getting started with exercise.  It has made a huge difference in both my weight loss and my self esteem.

shajoh
on 9/23/13 2:54 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

If your looking for an arms & abs program look me up on Facebook. Sharla Hill Johnson. I can give you some advice on a program. Message me & I'll help you. 

Sharla

Most Active