Weekend Workout

billmacc7
on 7/21/13 9:18 am - MA

Hi All...Hope ur all doing well. I did TONS of yard work yesterday and worked up quite a sweat!! Today, did 7 mile run, 1st long run in a while, was slow pace but happy I was able to do it. Trying to get back in to a regular routine as the SUmmer has been a challenge to do that to say the least...

What did you all do this weekend??

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Sam LifeNerd
on 7/21/13 11:16 pm

This weekend was my LONG run, prepping for my first marathon!!  (Oct 26)

Set some Personal Records including my first ever 1/2 marathon!!  According to Endomondo, I did 13.1 miles in 2:21:17.  All told I ended up running 14.21 miles in 2:36:32, 11:01 mile on avg.

I measured my blood sugar before and after to see how well my body is regulating my BSL and I was 109 before and 117 after the run.  On the hydration side, I went from 196 pounds before the run to 189.0 afterwards, losing 7 pounds!!  (Clothes were SOAKED as you can imagine.)

Other PR on the run Saturday, best 1km at 5:12, best 1 mile at 9:20 and 10k at 1:05:37.

That last mile AFTER the 13.1 was tough, mentally I was DONE and physically I was really feeling it when I got home 1.1 mile later.  Feet were really pretty sore and legs were LEAD.  Crawled into the tub to get cleaned off and then into bed to rest for about an hour or so.

Then I was ok... rested yesterday and ran 3.5 mile this morning!

Sam

Most Active