What's Your Workout Today OH? - Thursday!

Keith L.
on 7/18/13 2:06 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sorry I missed yesterday. I forgot I started doing these in this forum.

Untitled

Let's Hear It OH!!!!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Keith L.
on 7/18/13 2:09 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Workout #1 - Orange Theory! 1 Hour HIIT - Done! Burned 502 calories

Workout #2 - Chest and Shoulders Tonight - need to rest a bit before hitting that.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 2:45 am

4 mile easy effort run today, I got through most of it then.... 

Got bitten by a dog that charged me while off his leash (on a semi-busy road) and the owner had the b@lls to cuss me out and threaten to sue me for me kicking to dog to get it off of me.

I love animals, have two dogs myself and never imagined myself kicking an animal but come on, what was I supposed to do?!?

Begged a ride home from a salesman at the car dealership this all went down in front of, not sure that I'm going to do my run tomorrow.

Losing faith in the human race.

Keith L.
on 7/18/13 3:52 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Well at least you burned some extra calories from kicking the dog and that humble pie you had to eat had no calories and is super low carb.

In all seriousness dog bites are no fun. I say you keep going that way until you are faster than the dog. Sorry you got bit, hope you feel better. The dog owner is clearly a douche. I'm an absolute dog lover and after I was done kicking the dog I would have started kicking the owner.

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/13 12:24 am

My husband said something to me about needing to carry pepper spray when I run. I told him that I didn't think it would have done any good in defense against the dog but it sure would have come in handy in my interactions with the jackhole dog owner.

:)

KatCooper
on 7/18/13 8:37 am - Collierville, TN

What a horrible experience!! I am so sorry.  He is lucky  you didn't call the cops.   I have been through something similar.  Go for a run (if the legs are ok) in a different area.  If not it will really get stuck in your head.   Hugs to you!!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/13 12:23 am

I told the guy that he could go ahead and call the police, I'd sit there and wait. We could see who they would cite, me with my bleeding leg or the dude with the crazy dog and NO leash anywhere on him. 

I'm feeling okay today, bite wasn't terribly deep so I think I wlll run the other way out of my 'hood today. The only loose animals that way are the baby goats and as long as I have Fig Newtons and time to pet them, they're mostly friendly :)

nfarris79
on 7/18/13 10:15 am - Germantown, MD

Michele, I'm so sorry that happened to you!!! My friend got bit and has had lots of problems with the bite getting infected so be sure to have it thoroughly cleaned? No pun intended, but if the guy sued you, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court. F-him and don't let him take your run away from you! (caveat: so long as you're healthy enough to run)

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/13 12:29 am

Thanks Nicole! Feeling pretty okay today, I irrigated the bite for about 15 solid minutes yesterday when I got home and then promptly call the vet's office and verified that the biter was up to date on his vaccines. I gave my doctor's office a call and my NP felt like I'd be okay but did call me in a short course of antibiotics just in case.

:)

KatCooper
on 7/18/13 8:37 am - Collierville, TN

30 min easy spin today.  Small taper for sprint Tri on Saturday. :-)

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active