Soo tired...

rikastory
on 6/10/13 2:25 am - TN

I am about 6 weeks out from surgery, but when i think about exercise i am just too tired.  AND another thing i have big "bingo wings", has anyone had any luck in transforming their upper arms?

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/13 4:54 am

Ease into an exercise routine. Nobody here jumped off the surgery room table and ran a marathon the first week out. Slow and steady, something you can maintain is what will win the race here.

No advice on the arms, mine are terrible. I have a fair bit of muscle on them but the extra skin is still blatantly obvious - building muscle will help things by filling out the skin some but the only true "fix" to get rid of  skin is plastic surgery to remove it.

Don J.
on 6/10/13 11:05 pm - Garner, IA

There is not a workout that I regret. The more I work out, the more energy I have. The hardest step is getting out the door!

HW 349/CW 197 

5K - Race with the Stars - 29:46 (11/03/12) . 13.1 - Spirit of Survival-Lawton, OK  - 2:30:16 (10/7/12) . Route 66 Tulsa Marathon. 6:19:15 (11/18/12)

nfarris79
on 6/11/13 5:12 am - Germantown, MD

For at least the first 5 weeks, I was a zombie. I felt like someone sucked the life out of me - and there's reason for that. You're existing on very few calories - barely enough for covering basic functions like breathing and blinking. Make sure that your labs are going ok before engaging in much exercise, make sure you're covering your nutrition (liquids, protein, supplements). Everything will happen in due time, just go slow and remember this lifestyle change is not a sprint!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

datachick
on 6/11/13 7:16 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

How many calories you eating each day? Protein? Carbs?

With less and less to lose, you will want to exercise. Otherwise your weightloss will slow way down or stop.

I pay a trainer to motivate me, best thing I ever did. I will wean myself off of him soon, but I started at 2 months post-op, 190 lbs. I'm now at about 146 lbs after 5 months. Very toned and lean. Easier to get out the door when you know if you don't it'll be $60 thrown in the garbage.

How much iron are you getting (you can check in the MFP reports)? I found I was very weak last week, not just "tired" but i was scared that there was something really wrong with me. A co-worker suggested iron deficiency. I don't like this guy, but I think he was right: I checked MFP and saw I was only getting 20-30% RDA, so now I take a supplement and it's like night and day. I can't eat much volume, which means I can't eat all the solid protein I need (I need more because of working out), so I'm now back to drinking some extra protein (Unjury chicken soup and protein drinks) each day to get more.

Just get started. You can't think about it. Set yourself up for success--ask a friend to meet you each day for a walk, or hook up with a local walking group or something. No more excuses. Laying around isn't going to get you the lean body you want, I think you know that :)

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Most Active