Middle

DangerousCurves
on 5/20/13 12:41 pm

Women, what was the best exercise that you did to tighten up the loose fat around your middle that actually worked?  I need something practical that I can do at home.

Kim S.
on 5/21/13 3:20 am - Helena, AL

There is no exercise in the world that will tighten loose skin.  You have to have it surgically removed.  However, that should not stop you from building a nice strong core! 

These are the core exercises that I use:

Yoga-particularly planks......but almost all yoga moves require good core strength

Good old fashioned crunches, sit ups, leg lifts, seated twists, scissor kicks

P90X ab routine

and my all time favorite--"suck and tuck".....when I am sitting, driving, walking......I always suck in my stomach like I'm trying to "tuck" my navel into my pelvis.....so suck in ab muscles and do a pelvic tilt.  If you remind yourself to do this all day every day you'll be amazed at how much better your posture is and your core strength increases.

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/13 9:13 am - GA

Usually as you lose weight your middle as well as the rest of your body will shrink. However just because it shrinks doesn't neccesarily mean their will not be loose fat. Your average $20 ab DVD may provide you some results to tighten your middle but usually if the eating properly and exercise doesn't work you may have to consider surgery.                                                                    

Most Active