Best Exercise for toning lose thighs and butt

YummyMummy1
on 5/14/13 7:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hello Everyone!
Any suggestions on toning lose thighs and BUTT?

YummyMummy1

Ms Shell
on 5/14/13 8:35 am, edited 5/14/13 8:36 am - Hawthorne, CA

KETTLEBELLS!!!

I actually was fortunate to get a class on groupon and I LOVE it.  Let me just say I LOVED it so much I actually have NO problem paying $100 a month for classes.

In October 2010 I weighed 195lbs (my goal) and had my favorite pair of teal pinstriped pants altered.  I subsequently gained 20lbs to 215 and count NOT for the life of me fit my pants because I gained ALL 20lbs in my thighs and ass and waist.  Every year I would try on those pants when I would start my "goal" to lose the regain.

Anyway I discovered kettlebells this year and I just KNEW from the first week that it was "targeting" my problem area.  I currently weigh 210 and just because I tried the pants on.  When I first gained I couldn't get them 1/2 way up my thighs.  I'm just down 5lbs  from my original gain and I just decided to try the pants on.  I am one INCH from buttonig them.

I LOVE kettlebells.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Sam LifeNerd
on 5/14/13 11:14 pm, edited 5/14/13 11:15 pm

Squats, squats and then more squats!!

Those are some of the biggest muscles in your body so you get more calories burned / bang for the buck by working them out and the squats if done correctly, use the glute to get you back up.  (Squeeze your butt as you are standing / engage that glute!)

You should be able to wiggle your toes at the bottom of the squat and despite the naysayers, squats with hip crease below knees will NOT kill you.  (Youtube search for Crossfit and squats for examples of good form, etc.)

I have terrible knees and yet DEEP squats have really strengthened my legs / glutes AND those tendons around the knees so they even feel better!

Where do you find squats... go find a CrossFit gym near you and do a Groupon/Living Social or their free workouts, they tend to target this area.

datachick
on 5/15/13 11:01 pm, edited 5/15/13 11:02 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Glute bridges on the floor, or a stability ball. You can google it. Half my ass fell off from doing glute bridges and squats.

http://www.healthandlifestyle.ca/Sites/CHLM/Images/Spring_20 11/Images/StayFit2.jpg

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Mrsk1020
on 5/28/13 11:04 am - bel air, MD

30 day squat challenge.  Email me your address and I will send it to you!  My email is [email protected].  title your subject legs and butt.

Thanks

Jen

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along......" ~Maroon 5

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/13 5:23 am

The best exercise is a regular morning walk about 45-55 minutes along balanced diet. Use green tea, its also helps to loose weight. Take fruits at the breakfast and stay away from junk and fast food. Eliminate high fat food from your daily routine. Cycling is also a good way for toning lose thighs. 

Most Active