Calf length compression socks

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/13 5:57 am

I want to try running in a pair of them and see if helps my legs stay fresher and if it helps recovery but have ZERO first hand knowledge. So, for anybody out there that has worn them - Are they hot? Am I going to overheat more easily wearing them? I get really hot and the amount I sweat is ridiculous - I lost 4 pounds on a 40 minute run last week when it was maybe 80 degrees - and I had drank 10 ounces of water while running! Also, is any one brand better than the other?

I don't want to plunk down the coin for a pair of fancy socks if I won't be able to wear them for the next six months.

Thanks, my running peeps!

billmacc7
on 4/19/13 11:46 am - MA

Hi-I have never run with them before. However, have a couple of friends who do and they love them. The say it does not make them warmer, but helps with circulation and recovery after running.

Still, I would buy a pair of inexpensive(if possible) ones and check them out. If they help, upgrade

Good Luck!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

nfarris79
on 4/20/13 9:58 am - Germantown, MD

I have a couple pairs of CEP - one is just a calf compression without sock and the other is a full marathon sock. Since their of the moisture-wicking fabric, they don't make the sweat cling to your legs, if indeed you sweat in your legs. I've not noticed that my legs sweat.... seems to be mostly upper body heat for me! I've bought them online thru Gearbuzz when they've been on sale and at expos, where they are a tiny *****eaper than in running stores.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/13 12:11 am

I've never tried calf compressions but compression socks that go up to the knee. zansahs, pro compressions and aspaeris were ok but maybe its just me because I prefer wearing less.

Carol S.
on 4/25/13 2:39 pm - Milwaukee, WI

I use Zensah's and order them online, they have measurements so you can get the correct size.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/13 9:16 pm

I ordered a pair of those and a different brand as well, so we'll see! The Zensahs specifically talked about their cooling capabilities so I was intrigued. Plus, they were a mid-range price :)

Carol S.
on 4/26/13 3:37 pm - Milwaukee, WI

I love all the colors of the calf sleeves and the argyle socks!

I even have a pair of the arm sleeves that I wear when I start off before sunrise.  I can peel them off while I run as the sun comes up and shove them in my fuel belt pocket where as a shirt..it's harder to do that with.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active