Cross Fit / Insanity / P90X

BREAZA
on 4/5/13 6:42 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Hi,

Is anyone doing Cross Fit, Insanity, or P90X? If so, do you recommend it or suggest another workout program? I'm curious to see results. :)  

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/5/13 7:23 am

I did P90x for about 30-40 days last year, I had to modify all the exercises and I honestly got bored with the same workouts all the time.

I started CrossFit about 8 weeks ago and I am really enjoying myself.  I find it easier to do the workouts when I am in a group (P90x is tough to motivate myself to do it every day) and they vary the workouts so much that you are always seeing something new.

So, if you are self-motivated, P90x is a great plan, you can do it from home which is cheaper, and the muscle confusion concept is solid.

CFit ends up being alot more about a community workout and you get a LOT of exercise in a short amount of time.

Insanity... also HIIT, High, Intensive workouts and muscle confusion (varying the workout) and good stuff but I have not tried it.  But more for self-motivated.

Final thought, if you find a "group" P90x I think it would have alot of the same benefits of CFit.

Final final thought... "Cross Fit" is currently the new / edgy cool kid in exercise.  Watch Youtube videos and Reebok games and it is pretty neat!  I have "drank the koolaid" for sure.

Sam

BREAZA
on 4/5/13 7:31 am
VSG on 04/24/13

I hear about CrossFit all the time now and think I just might try it out. I know it helps give you lots of definition and tone which is something I'm looking forward to. I get sleeved on 4/25/13 and want to make sure I start on the right foot. I've been jogging and getting in cardio, but want to get into weights as well. I just hope the doctor lets me start working out soon after the surgery.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/5/13 10:29 pm

I want to say it was a full month before I was cleared to lift anything (RNY) and to be honest I was weak as a kitten for a few months, NO energy and when I did start lifting I was at 60% or so of where I was before surgery.

CF would be tough to start right after surgery, but if you have the energy go for it!!  

Congrats on your surgery date and welcome to the NEXT part of your life!

Sam

BREAZA
on 4/7/13 2:11 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Thank you - I'm super excited!

Lyss Remaly
on 4/8/13 11:56 am - Wheeling, IL

I do an Insanity/P90X Hybrid.  So I do the lift days of P90X and during the cardio days I do the insanity program.  It's AMAZING!  I love it!  I started writing down the lifting days of P90X and doing them at my own pace since I end up doing extra sets and adding other lifts into it.  I am training for a bodybuilding competition so CrossFit is a little different type of training but I know people who are doing it and I have done a few of the trainings and it is tough but it is an amazing workout just BE CAREFUL

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/13 12:30 am

Depending on where you're at, these workout programs can be very discouraging. It's worth doing if you are very motivated or have a workout partner to help bounce around the encouragement. If you're already working out at home or find a group that does it, then I'd say go for any of the ones you've mentioned.

Most Active