ANy downloads to motivate exercise & training?

chunkymunky
on 4/3/13 8:06 am - TX

I had RNY surgery 6 years ago and the weight just dropped without any exercise. I have now regained 50 lbs and seriously want to start an exercise regime...something that I should have done way back then. I was wondering if there is any motivational talk or regime you can download and keep in yr ears while exercising just to keep you motivated.

Apart from becoming incredibly hot and sweaty and my hair frizzing up I get so bored while doing exercise or I am constantly thinking of everything else I could and should be doing.I am hoping if I have something going in my ears I will forget about all those things..

Any ideas for me?

Debra W.
on 4/5/13 8:19 am - MI

I know that exercise is not enjoyable....atleast I don't enjoy it.  That said, while on the treadmill I will watch something on my smartphone..or listen to an ipod...but the main thing...I keep a picture going in my brain of the fat melting off this old lady's body!  That does keep me motivated at this time.  But keep in mind, I am getting myself back on track and 3/4 ways through a lifestyle change! My mantra is LIVE TO LIVE!

Good luck with staying motivated!

rickellz
on 4/5/13 12:46 pm - Canada

Keep this in your head....

alaska_aries2131
on 4/6/13 4:12 pm
DS on 06/15/12

You got to keep your mind busy its the only way that I enjoy exercise I am a monkey see monkey do kind of person learning new things and switching it up helps keep me on track .  I started out with Leslie sansone she was effective without making you feel defeated I also love turbo jam it's challenging and I love chalene and the music. If you have Netflix and get the dvd's they have a huge selection and I am trying out different workouts from there. As far as strength training I loved exercise TV when it was on Gilad's  total body sculpt was effective and he explained form very well. Right now I am on a Tracy Anderson kick. Keep it fresh and keep changing it up until you find something that motivates you if it doesn't move on. I always give my videos a once through and if its not for me I still got a workout and I just put it back in the mail and on to the next one :) 

chunkymunky
on 4/6/13 8:58 pm - TX
I had no idea they had those kind of dvd's on there.I was about to go buy some .Thanx for that tip.
chunkymunky
on 4/6/13 8:59 pm - TX
Thanx all for the input....I had broken a leg which is part of the reason I gained so much weight.Had my last surgery 2 weeks ago but when this is healed I will be exercising BIG time to get rid of it.I do not want to be where I was before!!
alaska_aries2131
on 4/7/13 5:58 am
DS on 06/15/12

Look up tracy Anderson on YouTube it's called sitting arms and it is five minutes of arm exercise it is effective but is painful I have a love hate relationship with her it took me three months to be able to do it without pausing or taking a. Real but I saw a difference in the shape of my arms right away it feels like you got shots in the little muscles on the outside of your arms and is definitely a different kind of sore! They also have different t workouts you can preview to check out what kind of exercises perk your interest :) I wish speedy healing to you and good luck!

Most Active